Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

enduro crash pca atl

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020 | 09:13 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Red Bear, thanks for making that point! Maybe the person who qualifies should be required to start the enduro. Unfortunate ending, glad that everyone was OK!
Old 10-01-2020 | 12:48 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Red Bear
This is the driver of car #21 and note the car that hit #99, by the way is a very experienced and accomplished driver, had no idea the father, the slower driver, was behind the wheel so therefore he was not expecting the car to break earlier which resulted in the crash. Very unfortunate end tot he weekend but Jr. driver car #99 has a bright future in racing and father is very proud!!!!

Not sure that is accurate based on the video of the car next to the red car.

Last edited by SDGT3; 10-03-2020 at 09:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Veloce Raptor (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020 | 02:32 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Can't make memories that will be more cherished than what you see in that picture with your son. I had a similar experience at Daytona with my son with my 15 Cup, never forget it.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Doesn't get any better than this^^

Sorry about getting punted.

Last edited by 93 FireHawk 968; 10-01-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2020 | 03:52 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SDGT3
Well that was an abrupt end to a perfect weekend. My son's lap times placed him P3 overall in his sprint race and P2 overall for the Enduro with over 40 cars behind us and only GT3R ahead. He knocked it out of the park on his second race ever and 5th time in the Cup Car, He had only driven Road Atlanta once several years back for a De also. He was fast in all conditions Rain, Damp and Dry and was great to be there watching. I thought that starting P2 would put us ahead of the usual mayhem of race starts and frankly did not anticipate getting punted. Not sure the reason for the weaving but at the end of the day, it all doesn't matter because we were knocked out. I was looking forward to our second win as father and son. We ..(.he) killed it at Road America in his first race and gave me the best 60th BDay gift a dad could ask for. We are trying to determine full extent of damage and costs and see where we go from here. If there are bumpers and fenders out there for sale, let me know.

The pic was from our Road America Enduro finish. Doesn't get better than this......

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!!!
Steve that is a great photo from Road America. As always great chatting with you at the track this weekend. Your son drove really well all weekend with the mixed conditions we had. Looking forward to seeing you at Sebring next year.
Old 10-01-2020 | 04:36 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Can't make memories that will be more cherished than what you see in that picture with your son. I had a similar experience at Daytona with my son with my 15 Cup, never forget it.
Very Happy for you too! Really fun for sure!!
Old 10-01-2020 | 04:38 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Steve that is a great photo from Road America. As always great chatting with you at the track this weekend. Your son drove really well all weekend with the mixed conditions we had. Looking forward to seeing you at Sebring next year.
Great talking with you also! Was fun to watch him get around in the wet conditions. It was his first time in the rain also! Hopefully we will see you at Sebring after a long wither up North!

Quick Reply: enduro crash pca atl