Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Right-side or cage nets--how to install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Good stuff. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

Recommendations for both center and left side nets??
Safecraft - Safecraft Racing Center Net and SafeCraft Racing Left Side Net (I think the left side net is the one used on 991 Cups, correct?
Schroth - Schroth Race Net
TeamTech - TeamTech Motorsports Center Safety Net

Have not yet installed a center net in the Cup, and it's probably time. BUT, I do use the 996 Cup sliders and a RecaroroRacer HANS XL seat. So I assume that will absolutely factor into a decision on the center and left side nets, no?

Toby
Old 02-08-2019, 01:45 PM
obsessedone
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have not yet installed a center net in the Cup, and it's probably time. BUT, I do use the 996 Cup sliders and a RecaroroRacer HANS XL seat. So I assume that will absolutely factor into a decision on the center and left side nets, no?

Toby[/QUOTE]

The discussions above cover some key points. There are several high quality nets available. The attached FIA Guide describes ideal installation. FIA nets are approved 5 years, SFI 2 years. The long straps of the Scroth FIA make it easier to install than some of the others in the center net position and it is reasonably priced. The Simpson comes with straps that may not be long enough for the center (right side) position in 996+ Cups, the OMP has a 2" front strap that may be harder to use than the 1" common on Scroth and others. No personal experience with the Safecraft. As mentioned above with any seat slider installing the center net with upper straps inside the HALO as FIA recommends does not work if you need to be able to move the seat.
Attached Images
Old 02-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

^^ Thank you for that information. Very good to have!

Quick Reply: Right-side or cage nets--how to install?