Sponsored by:

Tools to loan listing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 09:34 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts
Default Tools to loan listing

At the suggestion of a user of the forums, I'm adding this thread so people who are willing to loan tools,or host someone to visit and use their tools can make themselves known here on Rennlist.

Note that Rennlist takes no responsibility for loss or damage to tools, and suggest that you get a feel for the person borrowing the tool before loaning it out, and make certain there is an understanding about shipping costs and the time the tool is to be loaned for. While I don't expect it would be an issue - if you're meeting in person - make the first meeting in public just out of an abundance of caution.

This will be a sticky thread. I'll follow this announcement by an offer by me for helping people with diagnostics, and the possible loan of some special Porsche tools. Please use it as a model for your offerings.

Thanks to @schernov for the idea!
Old 04-29-2021, 09:42 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Diagnostics help available in NJ. I have a Durametric, an iCarScan, and a Foxwell NT530 available to help people with diagnostics and on some models some custom programming. I am willing to help people out who visit my home on the NJ shore with their vehicle. I generally can be available most days if planned a few days ahead. If you're interested, send me a PM and we'll see what we can make happen.

I also have a set of the brake-caliper pins used on the Cayenne turbo brake calipers starting with the 958 series. These screw-in, in place of the bolts holding the calipers to their bracket, and allow the user to move the caliper away from the pads while supporting the weight of the caliper. Very handy for brake pad changes. These are available for loan - with a $50 deposit against loss/damage (returned when I get the pins back) and shipped via USPS anywhere in the lower 48 states via flat-rate express mail. I would like them back within 2 weeks of receipt of them, so if you're ready to do the job, reach out and PM me.

In all cases, I reserve the right to NOT do any of the above if I perceive you're a crazy person...
Old 07-16-2021, 08:50 PM
Richardse
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can imagine all my emotions now that I get in and drive every day. I thought that the Porsche Panamera would be stiff, but surprisingly, it is collected and soft at the same time, very manageable and fast. The cabin is quite quiet, even the sound of a noisy thoroughbred exhaust can not be heard. The car is obedient, predictable and responsive, the brakes are ceramic, and that's just super. They work perfectly. Good thing I was advised an interesting site - https://www.yhdistalaina.com/lainoje...inen-s-pankki/ In general, even here is amazing to write that the Porsche Panamera behaves well on the road, it is tenacious and confident. It seems that there is no other way with this manufacturer. I have driven the first two thousand and I'm never tired to rejoice at such a successful acquisition.

Last edited by Richardse; 07-20-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Tools to loan listing