Sponsored by:

Revmax rebuilt valve body review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 PM
jcb928
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revmax rebuilt valve body review

My newly acquired Cayenne was suffering from harsh down shifts mostly from 4-3 but sometimes 3-2 (under load). After researching all the options I decided to order a rebuilt valve body from http://www.revmaxconverters.com/

The order was shipped out within a day and when the valve body arrived it looked like a new part and they also include a return shipping label. My mechanic did the change but I supplied the valve body, parts and trans fluid (I went with Mobile 1 ATF 3309). The total cost ended up being just under $1200

The transmission now shifts MUCH smoother with no harsh down shifts at all.

Revmax also processed my core charge refund within a day of receiving my old valve body.

If you need a valve body I would recommend Revmax.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:46 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for posting this review, I'm considering Revmax for a rebuilt valve body on my BMW and I feel much better about that after reading your review.

Still going strong?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:18 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was your mechanic's itemized labor charge? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:50 PM
BamaScoot
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I echo your sentiment OP. My post from another board:

Got the cayenne back from the shop for the alternator and decided to tackle the valve body this weekend. I knew it needed to be replaced when I bought the car so it was a necessary expense. Guys from Revmax hooked me up and sent me the kit on Wednesday to arrive Friday. Got the fluid from Amazon (mobil 1 same specs as factory for about 1/8 the cost) and a case of beer for talking a friend into helping. After getting the car jacked up and everything taken off it was really an easy job. Took us 3-4 hours total. VERY VERY MESSY. Holy hell. I have a large drain pan but it kept leaking on the ground. Once the pan is out it drips the entire time you're working on it, and it's difficult to work on just on jacks with the pan in the way so we just dealt with the mess. Anyway, downshifts are now perfectly smooth and the only rough upshift is 2>3 but its only about 10% as rough as it was. The fluid that came out was dark red like robitussin. What went in is nearly opaque red. Big difference. Props to revmax. If you're thinking about doing this yourself, I'd rate it a 4/10 on the difficulty scale. Just be patient, don't use force on the wiring and pay attention to the details. Everything else is simple.

Since I did the work myself I'd estimate my total cost somewhere around 750-800.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:24 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

Yea, as far as the mess goes, as a minimum if available pull the plug and let it drain overnight or longer if able to let it drip.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:25 PM
BamaScoot
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
Yea, as far as the mess goes, as a minimum if available pull the plug and let it drain overnight or longer if able to let it drip.
Really wish I had done this. Had no idea it would drip like it did the entire time.

Quick Reply: Revmax rebuilt valve body review