Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX IN

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012 | 06:39 PM
TozoM8
Instructor

Default AUX IN

So I was looking to find the line out from the CD changer, but can't find much info. I ended up with this unit from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251077465557...84.m1497.l2649

and a pair of this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390339307562...84.m1497.l2649

Wired it up and it is really nice. A bit too quiet so you need to remember when you switch back to regular radio. When you turn it on, it cuts out the Car's antenna so there is no interference from other stations. Excellent product for $50 sure beats $400-$500 for the fiber optic units.
Old 06-18-2012 | 09:34 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you cut out the antenna does the GPW unit still work. Sorry It really sounds like a dumb question but want to make sure that works. Also do you have pics of install.
Old 06-18-2012 | 03:18 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Whaza "GPW"?
Old 06-18-2012 | 03:28 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry GPS-I have no idea how it receives it's signal. Once you turn aux on shutting off the antenna would that prevent the GPS from receiving signal as well?
Old 06-18-2012 | 04:32 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

The FM Modulator only turns off the radio signal, the GPS is from its own antenna.
Old 06-19-2012 | 01:17 AM
TozoM8
Instructor

What he said. The GPS still works. I installed it behind the knee bolster under the instrument cluster. Nothing visible but the mini jack.
Old 10-01-2013 | 08:09 PM
csmarx
Instructor

This is exactly what I have been looking for. Would love to hear more about how you installed it!!!

Thanks,
-Christian
Old 02-09-2014 | 01:06 AM
Morseman
Intermediate

Ok you guys left me in the dirt, maybe if you could help me understand. I have an 2004 cayenne turbo and an I Phone 5 I will not use my CD changer in the back and I have a voice button under my nav screen but it says no voice activated when I press it. I have a 2013 lincoln and love the SYNC with Bluetooth. I am taking a long road trip and would love to have a hands free thru the speaker system and cut out the radio both AM/FM and satellite radio which transmit thru the FM signal. I am a little slow and can understand visually so any pics or diagrams would help me. My old cayenne is new to me today so would like to get this done thanks
Old 02-13-2014 | 07:54 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Morseman
Ok you guys left me in the dirt, maybe if you could help me understand. I have an 2004 cayenne turbo and an I Phone 5 I will not use my CD changer in the back and I have a voice button under my nav screen but it says no voice activated when I press it. I have a 2013 lincoln and love the SYNC with Bluetooth. I am taking a long road trip and would love to have a hands free thru the speaker system and cut out the radio both AM/FM and satellite radio which transmit thru the FM signal. I am a little slow and can understand visually so any pics or diagrams would help me. My old cayenne is new to me today so would like to get this done thanks
Hi Morseman,
I recently had an iSimple Tranzit Blu HF (ISFM2351) installed in my 2006 Cayenne S. It works great, and I'm very happy with it. The sound is perfectly clear with no noise. Other people say I sound loud and clear on the phone. I only hear a bit of static in the blank space between songs.

My installer also installed it with a CAN bus module so it's automatically turned on when the MOST fiber optic system wakes up. The advantage of this is that I can arrive at a destination, turn the car off, and still finish a phone conversation or listen to a song but with the ignition turned off. Of course you can just have it tied into the ignition or even have a separate power switch, but I wanted it to work automatically, and I wanted it to work even with the ignition off but the radio on.

Good luck,
-Christian
Old 03-21-2014 | 06:14 PM
drvfastliveslow
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TozoM8
So I was looking to find the line out from the CD changer, but can't find much info. I ended up with this unit from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251077465557...84.m1497.l2649

and a pair of this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390339307562...84.m1497.l2649

Wired it up and it is really nice. A bit too quiet so you need to remember when you switch back to regular radio. When you turn it on, it cuts out the Car's antenna so there is no interference from other stations. Excellent product for $50 sure beats $400-$500 for the fiber optic units.
Anybody seen a DIY run down on these that would work on an 04 Cayenne S without navigation?
Old 03-22-2014 | 03:40 PM
Morseman
Intermediate

Christian, thanks for the response, sorry it toke so long to get back long story. The iSimple Transit blu HF, where do you find one, is this a DIY? If not what kind of cost are you talking about? It sounds too technical for me so a step by step would help me if that's possible. I might have to try and find someone who can do it back home, (I am in Florida for a couple more weeks), I will look for someone in Minnesota in a few weeks. In the meantime I will use my Bluetooth
Old 04-21-2014 | 04:32 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Morseman
Christian, thanks for the response, sorry it toke so long to get back long story. The iSimple Transit blu HF, where do you find one, is this a DIY? If not what kind of cost are you talking about? It sounds too technical for me so a step by step would help me if that's possible. I might have to try and find someone who can do it back home, (I am in Florida for a couple more weeks), I will look for someone in Minnesota in a few weeks. In the meantime I will use my Bluetooth
You can buy it online or some installers may stock it. My local installer stocks it, and agreed a price between list and online price. If you are handy, I think it can be a DIY. Getting ignition switched power is the main issue. However I had some specific requirements, such as the unit receiving power and waking up even with just radio turned on and no key in ignition. Hence the CAN bus item, and hence the need for professional installer for me. It works great and I have no regrets going with this option.

-Christian

Quick Reply: AUX IN