Updating mObridge/BT Software

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by wirunner
Why did you guys have to update the mObridge out of curiosity? Mine is about 2 years old and it works perfect with every phone and ipod I've used. Just got a new iPhone 4S and it's the first phone that doesn't give me an error when I plug into it for the music. Bt was never a problem on any phone.
See three posts above on this thread......
Old 12-30-2011, 08:25 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"I've been having MOST ring drops recently which cause the entire ring to reset."

I checked my notes last night and now remember I had periodic resets but not of the ring on the 04. Actually music would start playing during a call. The call would still be there and the people would hear music and would return if they held on long enough

But mine was beta and Mobridge stopped officially supporting PCM2 without phone controls.

I expect another response
Old 12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

On my '06 CTTS I have the dealer installed Ipod plug and installed the Mobridge myself last year and it works very well. My complaint has always been with the dealer installed Ipod unit as sometimes the PCM doesn't recognize it after a phone call and I have to disconnect & reconnect my phone or if stop for a few minutes and restart without ever disconnecting the phone it will sometimes not recognize it until I disconnect & reconnect it again. I have never tried an Ipod with it just my Iphone, maybe it wasn't really designed for some subtle differences between the Ipod & Iphone. Mobridge works great though. I did the long install of replacing my CD changer in the back with the Mobridge unit and running the microphone cord around the sunroof (Panoramic) and to the overhead sunroof/courtesy light console (just enough cord thankfully...just enough, maybe an inch to spare).
Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Michael,

Any backdoor contacts you would care to share (in private)? I've left an email with the support folks for over a week now and received no response whatsoever. Also left a phone message at the same time as the email request. Thanks.

Toby
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

The mObridge office has actually been running on minimal staff the last week or so over Christmas & New years period hence the lack of support for this time so I apologize for this.

To diagnose the Parrot issues the best thing you can do is slip an SD card into the unit and wait for a few minutes and a file called mobridge.txt will be created. If you open this in wordpad you'll find a few diagnostics in there that we can quickly diagnose the issues such as the current Parrot version and software versions in the unit. It's unlikely that you will have totally bricked the Parrot as they retain a bootloader that can upload an image again. However we have run across the odd Gen1 Parrot chips that refuse to run the 3.12 software and have to be back loaded with the 1.70 software. Naturally 1.70 software is not on the website so we'll need to place it back on there if this is the case with your particular G1 Parrot chip.

For starters though lets run the SD card diagnostics and see where we get to and if you email this file to our support email address then we can analyze for you. Full support will be back online next week and we have somewhat of a backlog to get through....

cheers,

mObridge
Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks much. I'll try to do this diagnostic sometime this week when I can get to the unit.

Toby
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have the text file from the unit. Can you please validate that your support team has received it and is looking at it? I would really like to get my Bluetooth functionality back up and running. I can also send it via Rennlist if you prefer.

Toby Pennycuff
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bueller??

Bueller??

Anyone here? Have the mObridge guys disappeared again?? I have the file you want. I sent it to support. Still waiting for an answer!!!!!!!!

Toby Pennycuff
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

C'mon guys! This is no way to treat a customer. If you will simply send me the backlevel software, or better yet, agree to send me a replacement unit that can actually accept a software upgrade as was originally intended and designed, I would be a happy camper.

As it is, you are REALLY straining my patience.

I mean really, how TOUGH is it to type some words on a stupid keyboard????????????????????????????????????
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

One would almost think they're not real interested.. (I have Dension and it works fine..)
Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, they are just shorthanded and over-extended. I like my unit when it works.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I must say I like my Mobridge too but they do need to show some customer service to those that have made their purchases.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

They are....
Old 01-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same problem, ended up shipping unit back to them, they reloaded correct software and sent it back. That is what I suggest doing.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I posted this warning of the problem

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-mobridge.html

Quick Reply: Updating mObridge/BT Software