Default 2012 CS ordered

2012 CS Ordered
Configuration:
2012 Cayenne S:
-Classic Silver Metallic – Standard Interior in Black
-Air Suspension with PASM
-19” Turbo Wheel
-Panorama Roof System
-Premium Package Plus (with all the goodies that go with)
-Bose Audio Package
-LED Rear Lights Tinted Black with adaptive break lights
-Deletion of model designation
-Compass Display on Instrument Panel
-Voice Control
-Exterior Package in high gloss black
-Porsche entry and Drive
-Heated Three Spoke MF Wheel
MSRP: $84,695
Paid: Invoice plus $5,000. Should be in the $80k range
Delivery: build should be complete just before Porsche’s August production closing; I believe they call it “going on holiday” across the pond. Might have it mid September unless the difficulties in Japan affect the rear camera production.

Notes:
-Attempted to add black headlights, but you cannot do this without buying each individual item of the packages separately since the black headlights are in the Convenience Package (first package). To get everything in the PP Plus would be almost double the cost. Thanks Porsche.
-Elected not to wait for the Sport Design Package (available for order in August), because I could not justify paying Porsche $5K to paint a few additional sections of the vehicle ( every man has his limits). I might have it done later myself if I can’t live with the black plastic.
-Decided against the white dials because they looked quite busy in person; all of the lighted notifications are visible at all times.
-Considered full leather option (W00t’s photos/description tempted me severely), but decided that you have to stop somewhere.
-Also tempted by the 18 way seats, but too nervous about the bolsters getting in the way and wear issues.

For those who have PM’d me about pricing in NC, my SA told me that Porsche has proscribed the out of state sale of Cayenne’s (and only Cayenne’s) because of the overseas exportation problem. Apparently, the profit is so high that there is a thriving export business; there have been instances of individuals driving up the east coast and attempting to buy Cayenne’s at each dealership for ultimate sale in China, etc. The profit is apparently (or allegedly, take your pick) over $30K per vehicle. I asked whether the prohibition is in effect for other states than NC, and he confirmed that it is, but you might want to check with your local dealer. I am not sure what to make of it, but there it is.

Others vehicles considered:

-BMW X5 50i: perfectly nice vehicle. Good performance, nice engine sound. Interior is a major let down, even with all the electronic goodies, including some the CS doesn’t have (top down camera, etc). Moreover, I own a 335 hard-top convertible and loathe the idrive system even in its updated configuration.
-Mercedes ML550: already own a GL (will be wife’s) and I find the interior “meh” (or maybe I am bored with it). I also didn’t think the performance was comparable.
-Audi Q5: not event in the same league as the CS in terms of interior and finish quality, though I acknowledge not equally priced as well. You do generally get what you pay for.
-Audi A7: This was a close call. Beautiful vehicle, inside and out and a great performance from a v6 engine (I believe). I thought both the front and rear seats were not very comfortable, however, and ultimately decided I wanted to stay in an SUV, though the CS is much more than that.

To those who have come before, thank you for your invaluable information which helped me to make many complicated choices. To those yet to come, I am happy to share any details of the ordering process, pricing, etc. Now the wait begins
Old 06-12-2011, 02:22 AM
pg103
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation on your built. Look like a great configuration. The wait will be worth it. I just pick mine up this past week after ordering in February. It is an awesome car.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM
cjwal
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WFBlue,

As I stated before we got a very similar deal. I almost went with the traditional silver and black, but I ended up going for the Dark Blue and Luxor Biege. My build completion date is 6/27 with an early August delivery. Can't wait. Here is my specs.

Configuration:
2012 Cayenne S:
-Dark Blue Metallic – Standard Interior in Luxor Biege
-Air Suspension with PASM
-21” Cayenne Sport Edition Wheels
-Bose Audio Package
-Voice Control
-Porsche entry and Drive
-Heated Three Spoke MF Wheel
Old 06-12-2011, 06:11 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very tempted by the Dark Metal Blue; great color which I know you will enjoy. Pix please when it arrives.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I think PPP goodies are more or less the basic things other manufacturers offer as standard for their V8 SUVs... Well, it still lacks keyless entry...

Porsche options are way overpriced.. Navigation "upgrade" is almost $4,000 without Hard Drive, and XM satellite is again, extra...

I hope their qualities are much better than those of MB or BMW....
Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Very nice and I enjoyed reading your comparison w/ other cars. We too wanted to consider the Q5 but after we saw and test drove the 2011 CS ... It was game over. We called and cancelled our appointment w/ the Audi dealership. I laud your efforts to stick to a budget. Not easy when it comes to ordering a Cayenne. Ask me why :-(
Old 06-13-2011, 12:12 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

Default W00t, question about full leather.

IMO, and I believe most who have it, it really adds a level of quality/luxury to the interior, and though pricey, you get quite a bit of leather for the money. That said, I am curious about the ability of upper part of the full leather dash to withstand the heat/UVA exposure through the front windscreen in terms of fading and cracking. I know the cows can handle it, not sure what happens over time to the look with the exposure, especially in black which would be my choice.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Great build WFBlue!
We went back and forth on the full leather a few times, ended up ordering it after experiencing it on a demo at the dealership. I think the leather quality is much better than most everywhere else, and take a look at vehicle from Porsche which has the option. See if it does wear well in your location. There must be a pre-owned Porsche with full leather you can take a look at, no?

Great car either way!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 PM
comis_hq
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Full leather comes standard for Turbo, and every Porsche dealer has 2-3 Turbos sitting around, so you can try them... Black leather is very nice.

Last edited by comis_hq; 06-13-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 CS ordered