Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which are the running lights on the 2015 cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 04:26 AM
Catkinso
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Which are the running lights on the 2015 cayenne?

hi,

I see lots of pictures of the 2015 cayenne showing the 2x 4 LED running lights, and some show horizontal white lights on each side.

Are these horizontal lights side lights, running lights? Or something else?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light strips under the headlights are the day time running lights for those with the standard headlights. If you have the optional LED headlights, then the four corner bulbs inside the headlight unit act as the running lights. I have the LED headlights and the strip of LEDs under the headlights are only on when the headlights are on (or if you turn the switch to parking light mode).

PS if anyone is one the fence of spending the extra for the LED headlights. They work great and provide awesome lighting on dark roads.

Last edited by Robotpedlr; 03-17-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Catkinso
Instructor

Thanks that makes sense.

I can't afford those lights (+1K over getting the bi-xenon black PDLS)

I think I prefer the full bar to the 4 spots aesthetically, at least that's what I am telling myself
Old 03-17-2015, 12:40 PM
snzuloz
Instructor

I have the LED lights on mine, I agree they are awesome at night! My strip lighting is on all the time, it's acting as the day time running lights, only time they switch is when the signal lights are on. My led's also are on continually, unless headlight switch is turned on.
Maybe the strip lighting being on because of the laws here requiring it to be in place? I'm in Canada FYI.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Catkinso
Instructor

Interestingly when I look at the standard features for my spec (GTS) I see this:

Daytime driving lights with four LED spotlights in each headlight

Which seems to imply something similar to your spec snzuloz, which model did you go for as a matter of interest?
Old 03-17-2015, 01:48 PM
snzuloz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catkinso
Interestingly when I look at the standard features for my spec (GTS) I see this: Daytime driving lights with four LED spotlights in each headlight Which seems to imply something similar to your spec snzuloz, which model did you go for as a matter of interest?
I bought the Cayenne Diesel. Optioned with the LED lights
Old 03-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Originally Posted by snzuloz
I have the LED lights on mine, I agree they are awesome at night! My strip lighting is on all the time, it's acting as the day time running lights, only time they switch is when the signal lights are on. My led's also are on continually, unless headlight switch is turned on.
Maybe the strip lighting being on because of the laws here requiring it to be in place? I'm in Canada FYI.
That is interesting... it must be because of the DTRL laws in Canada. I would actually prefer that set up as well (to have both the light strip and 4 lights on the LED headlights to be on all the time). I will inquire at my first service if that is something they can switch on.

I noticed that on all the Youtube videos I see with the new LED Headlights, that they also function like mine (light strip is NOT on).
Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catkinso
Interestingly when I look at the standard features for my spec (GTS) I see this:

Daytime driving lights with four LED spotlights in each headlight
Since the GTS will be a MY 2016, I think that is one of the things they changed (they now have the 4 LEDs in the headlights). I recall reading that on a post where someone had an early 2016 delivered vehicle.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:45 AM
JOZO200
Track Day

Originally Posted by Robotpedlr
Since the GTS will be a MY 2016, I think that is one of the things they changed (they now have the 4 LEDs in the headlights). I recall reading that on a post where someone had an early 2016 delivered vehicle.
I can confirm that my 16" GTS has bi xenon headlights, with 4 LED running lights.

I also agree with the previous poster that the LED headlights are much nicer than the bi xenon. (unfortunately my car was already on the way so i couldn't option this.)
Old 03-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Catkinso
Instructor

Hmm, time for an upgrade perhaps Are they worth the +1K price tag?

Surely there is a away to have the horizontal strips on/off as well as the 4 points?

Buried perhaps in the myriad of control options?
Old 08-21-2024, 11:39 PM
8378hjlafdljfads
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Anthony enabled my Matrix headlights on my Cayenne Turbo about a year ago, and I could not be more pleased. They function perfectly as best I can tell, zero issues at all. Car has been in the shop for unrelated issues and no problems. DRAMATICALLY increases my night vision experience, especially on the very dark always wet winter roads I have.

Quick Reply: Which are the running lights on the 2015 cayenne?