Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have a coolant lines failure on an 80k '04 Cayenne turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 AM
mayoatl
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have a coolant lines failure on an 80k '04 Cayenne turbo.

current coolant lines failure, taken to Hennessy, who want over $4k to replace (with starter). No mention of 'campaign' (upgrade/recall/class action suit for '03-'06) that Porsche lost, to the tune of $45mil.
Jim Ellis serv mgr indicates the Porsche responsibility expired in 2014 after the cars' aged' beyond the period of use. Wife's car that gets 1-2000 miles a yr after being retired to Atl in our covered parking garage in B'head (2nd home).
Has religiously been serviced by Porsche Dealers, (Ellis, Hennessy, and Porsche of Albuq).
Never received any notice of the 'campaign' by any dealer at any time.
Recourse?? thnx for any help.
Cur dog in a rainstorm ..
Old 11-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

the "campaign" wasn't that good - just money off if you do it at a dealer, was still cheaper to do at indy.
Get the parts - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...4810605906kt4/
have an indy do it, I think i paid $800 for labor, your water pump may expire soon as well, and put a new serpentine belt while at it.

Last edited by Kirill; 11-20-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:53 AM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

While you are at it do the coolant Ts. That is page 30. Might as well read the whole thread to really get a handle on it. From what I can guess you never knew about the coolant pipes.
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...es-a-z-30.html
Old 11-20-2017, 10:52 AM
mayoatl
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Kirill
the "campaign" wasn't that good - just money off if you do it at a dealer, was still cheaper to do at indy.
Get the parts - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...4810605906kt4/
have an indy do it, I think i paid $800 for labor, your water pump may expire soon as well, and put a new serpentine belt while at it.
thnx, but when I clicked on the link, that part # "doesn't fit" a cayenne turbo '04.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:59 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by mayoatl
current coolant lines failure, taken to Hennessy, who want over $4k to replace (with starter). No mention of 'campaign' (upgrade/recall/class action suit for '03-'06) that Porsche lost, to the tune of $45mil.
Jim Ellis serv mgr indicates the Porsche responsibility expired in 2014 after the cars' aged' beyond the period of use. Wife's car that gets 1-2000 miles a yr after being retired to Atl in our covered parking garage in B'head (2nd home).
Has religiously been serviced by Porsche Dealers, (Ellis, Hennessy, and Porsche of Albuq).
Never received any notice of the 'campaign' by any dealer at any time.
Recourse?? thnx for any help.
Cur dog in a rainstorm ..
It was never a "campaign" - it was the resolution to a class-action lawsuit. Porsche agreed to give some money back on having the job done - either due to failure or preventively. IIRC - I had to submit to the class-action attorney, who submitted to Porsche, who in a very long time sent me a check that partly covered doing it preventively at a private mechanic. If your vehicle was repaired at a Porsche dealer entitled you to a bit more money. I think on my $1,800 preventative repair I got $600 back.

Since it was not a "Porsche Campaign" - the dealership had nothing to inform you of or send you a notice about. There is a difference between a class-action settlement and a Porsche campaign - as you've found out. The time expiration on the Class-Action was set by the settlement - and was reasonable since it gave Porsche an end-date to expenses related to the class-action. Unfortunately you can't opt-out retroactively, so you're basically going to pay.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:46 PM
mayoatl
3rd Gear

thnx for the history..

just did not understand why we weren't notified of a class action suit, since we would have qualified to participate, even if it was not a campaign or recall. How many other qualified owners knew nothing about it? It speaks volumes of Porsche and Porsche Dealers 'customer care' concerns. I also have an '11 Cayenne turbo with a current 'campaign' that is 4-6 months old, for crank shaft or camshaft bolts,and the dealers don't have (and haven't had) the parts to repair or replace the issue. My nearest Porsche dealer for southern Colorado is Abq, and they are 30 - 60 days out. for routine oil change. does suck..

porsche relies heavily on its reputation for cutting edge engineering and design, but only lip service to customer relations and care that they claim is commensurate with their quality line of fine automobiles. I've owned five or six, two currently, and will be thinning out the fleet further.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Stealerships will get you one way or the other!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:40 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

My pipes were replaced by an indy shop. A local P dealer wanted ridiculous money for the same work.

The P reimbursement check covered the parts, purchased from a site supporter.

When the pipes blow the transmission input shaft seal is bathed in antifreeze. This can result in a transmission seal leak...eventually.

Add another $3K to replacing the pipes and starter.

BTW the same kit works for the S and Turbo. A T purchased separately is needed for the turbo.

Last edited by v10rick; 11-22-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mayoatl
thnx, but when I clicked on the link, that part # "doesn't fit" a cayenne turbo '04.
Just pick your model and look under cooling: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...4810605906kt5/

Quick Reply: have a coolant lines failure on an 80k '04 Cayenne turbo.