Notices

Steering Wheel Airbag Jumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 01:45 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Airbag Jumper

This is a cross post from my 997 thread but very appropriate here as it's for a track setup:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ag-jumper.html

Essentially need to know which wires in the steering wheel hub connector are for the airbag so I can install a resistor jumper.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:11 PM
jimk04
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
This is a cross post from my 997 thread but very appropriate here as it's for a track setup:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ag-jumper.html

Essentially need to know which wires in the steering wheel hub connector are for the airbag so I can install a resistor jumper.

Thanks for any help.
It is the yellow side of the loom that is for the airbag. The Orange is the horn.

You need a 2.7ohm resistor or there abouts over the two wires.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:52 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jimk04
It is the yellow side of the loom that is for the airbag. The Orange is the horn.

You need a 2.7ohm resistor or there abouts over the two wires.
After performing the mod, this isn't remotely correct. There are two airbag connectors, one for high speed collision and one for low speed collision (yellow and green respectively). The horn has TWO black leads and one black ground (confusing as hell). I jumped successfully and will post a DIY soon.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:22 PM
jimk04
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
After performing the mod, this isn't remotely correct. There are two airbag connectors, one for high speed collision and one for low speed collision (yellow and green respectively). The horn has TWO black leads and one black ground (confusing as hell). I jumped successfully and will post a DIY soon.
Apologies...I was referring to 9x6 and wrongly assuming it would be same/similar.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Airbag Jumper