Notices

Los Angeles Dismantlers = LA Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
964sepp
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stay away from these people - I had a very negative experience too!
They clearly live from fraud
Old 12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Zerosoul914
1st Gear

I've done business with LAPD in the past and the bit of advice I can give anyone here is to deal with them in person (talk to Todd the owner) and bring cash.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 389 Posts

do a search. it seems from what has been posted that these guys are an illigitimate shop that regularly takes adavantage of customers especially ones that are not local.
don't walk...run!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
jwt73
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LA (good deal on used parts)

First of all I am relatively new, but I have to give my 2 cents. I was looking for some parts for my C2, and I did speak to them on the phone, and they were very abrupt, and rushing me off the phone. Because I was new to porsche back then, I just thought I was unintelligent, but hung up, and never looked back. I guess I would rather deal with NICE people who are a bit less pedantic.
My 2 cents.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM
wutanggwang
AutoX

I too had a negative experience from them awhile back. Not a place I would buy from anymore. Very sketchy!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Never EVER bypass ebay no matter if they ask you or not and that goes for ANY item on Ebay - not just this vendor. You have no protection when you do this. Had this person bought the motor via ebay he would have some recourse - either return of item, refund part of price or some sort of settlement.

There are only two reasons for a vendor to request that you leave ebay out of the picture; either they want to save the fee they pay upon sale of item to ebay or if something goes wrong they can throw their hands up into the air and say tough - no returns.

These guys in LA are thinking, 'Sweden? What the **** can the guy do to us from there'. They wouldn't pull this on a local who could drive by their place so to speak...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

See AGLA threads including the one on this forum. Sara's response reeks of the same attitude (and its not a pleasant smell)
Old 05-16-2009, 09:34 AM
nutter965
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi all, i'll throw in my hand here as well, i purchased a complete speedster conversion kit from them in 2007 and dealt with one guy the whole way through the process, and everything went fine, i agreed on slow shipping to save cost and a bloody large pallet arrived well packed and as described, must admit as a business owner i would always try to keep my customer happy but sometimes no matter what you do it isn't enough ..........
Old 05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, bunch 'o cry babies in here. Any of you ever been to a junk yard? Some dude on the other side of the planet buys from Sara's (so hot in person it makes me cry, Sara) junk yard ships it to RUF and has a problem with Sara's quality control. I would have called foul if RUF's quality control thought the stuff was good! It's a junk yard full of other peoples trash. Hello..... If it isn't brand new in the box and direct prom Porsche it is going to be used. bunch 'o dipshi*s really.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by stephenlin44
If you have been ripped off by Los Angeles Porsche Dismantler......
stephenlin44 – So, you posted for the first time on Rennlist today on four different threads with the same exact message; all targeting LA Porsche Dismantler. Is there more to the story?

I have bought numerous things from them for my 993 and Boxster S without a problem. They are great folks.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:04 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
stephenlin44 – So, you posted for the first time on Rennlist today on four different threads with the same exact message; all targeting LA Porsche Dismantler. Is there more to the story?

I have bought numerous things from them for my 993 and Boxster S without a problem. They are great folks.
I did the same search you just did and came to the same conclusion about the 4 posts on his first day.

steptinsomeshi*44, If you want to come here and talk trash rack up a fiew posts first. Otherwise everything you say is suspect.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,633 Likes on 2,316 Posts

one pissed off customer: there are two sides to a story
two pissed off customers: the shop should shut down. they fk'd up.
three pissed off customers: the shop should be burned down and owner hanged.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked at a dozen of their items on ebay.

Im glad i gave this a read.....

Thanks to all with input. I will stop looking at them, unless i see them at my work. Behind bars.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Hello

Hello. This is Leo from LA dismantler.

I have been following up on this tread for a while now and i read many negative and positive post about us.

One thing i would like to say is "Yes" we are a dismantler(Junk Yard). All parts we sell are used and sometimes NEW.

If you want parts for your Porsche and want it in perfect mint condition, Only way to do that is to purchase new from the dealership and pay retail. BUT if you want to save some money and get a previously owned parts, We are the solution.

Some parts we send out might not be in condition as you expected. In many cases we tell/ask a customer if he/she would like to see the picture of the actual parts we are about to send out. This way you know what you are getting and expectation is met.

If you want to purchase something from us, Please call us! Emails sometime just doesn't cut it when buying expensive parts! Specially an engine and transmission and other drive/powertrain parts

We get about 200 emails per day requesting parts from all over the world. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed but we do our best to keep customers happy. We are not here to screw you over! That is not our intention.

All of us here actually enjoy working here and it is great working environment. i have worked for other parts/dismantler before and this place is by far the most professional/clean junk yard i have ever been to and work for.

We are not marketing driven company! As you all know already, the Boss(Todd & Sara) started this business as a hobby. Todd and Sara loves Porsche as much as you all do We respect our customers and value you very much.

So when i see or when we see these posts, It hurts us, not meaning in business, it hurts as individuals. and please if you have any problems with us or parts just simply call us! It is so easy to make small problems into big ones like this and make the thread go on forever. Let's stop all this. Just call us! All of us hate emails! We like talking to people! More of a human connection

I am not trying to change your mind about us. i know i can't make everyone happy. BUT I DO try and I do my best to describe the parts you are buying.

So call us. If we ever disappointed you. I am so sorry for all of us. We will do better.

Happy Motoring

Sincerely
Leo

Last edited by laporsche; 06-09-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 PM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience with them has been phone and email, and I never became a customer- they were totally slimey each time.

"Wire transfer".

You are out of your mind. You actually (almost) deserve to be screwed. This is almost the equivalent of leaving a paper bag with cash on their steps. Credit card, period. AMEX is best. Better yet, spend $200k a year on AMX and have an 800 rating. Rest assured that if you do, and someone messes with your deal, YOU are on the winning side....

I have ZERO problem going outside ebay- ebay/paypal is one step above scum. They DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN DISAGREEMENTS OVER THE CONDITION OF PARTS! No matter what the seller says, in emails, in written follow up, at the end of the day ebay/paypal sidesteps most quality issues. Pay with a credit card, make sure the purchase documents describe the item and conditon and conditions of sale.

Anyway, I think if people understand the fact that they are a junkyard, and that they should not rely on any verbal descriptions or assurances, it might be OK.

But given my experience with LAD, they will never agree in writing- heck they barely can be civil over the phone.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Dismantlers = LA Porsche