Notices

OT: SFR Skyline R33 project car

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 12:10 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT: SFR Skyline R33 project car

We are trying to expand our high performance product line to include any type of vehicles. We would also like to get our hands on some of the newer Posches like the Boxter, 993 and 996. We do alot of in-house fabrication, manufacturing, etc.......Our works speaks for itself.......

This is a car that we built.Here is a small list of the pats: 6 into 1 321SS eqaul length header with dual 3 into 1split fit collectors that feed a split turbine housing,T-66 ball-bearing turbo, Tial 46mm wastegate, 3" stainless exhaust with v-band clamps, aluminum intercooler and induction piping, gigantic front mount intercooler,680cc injectors, Apex-i Power FC, full coil over suspension, 19" rims and an HKS camp system and 600 horsepower at the wheels at 18 psi! It has the best of everything and now it is a supercar that not many cars can compete with. If you have a custom project you would like to pursue, or you would like to have a supercar, please give us a jingle. Enjoy.

Old 11-16-2002, 12:37 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice work Tim.
Old 11-16-2002, 03:23 PM
sean bartsch
Instructor

All i can say is wow. I have always wanted a skyline, and i will get one eventualy. Its great to see one of my favorite tuners taking up a project like this. Those headers are a work of art, i bet that car is incredibly fun. Oh yeah, when are we going to see some more pics of your CF intake manifold for the 951. I want to see what those intercooler pipes look like. They must be huge to fit that twin throttle body. Keep up the good work Tim.
Old 11-16-2002, 03:27 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Tim, those headers blow my mind!
Old 11-16-2002, 07:43 PM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No Skylines for sale in my local paper. Those must be hard to find.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:07 PM
sean bartsch
Instructor

Their not hard to find in japan . Skylines where never offered for the us market. If you want one you have to go grey market. I think theres a company that brings them over and makes them legal, i think they wanted around 70,000 for a GTR. Whats the story on this skyline Tim?
Old 11-16-2002, 10:32 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Sean,

This Skyline was purchased through MotorX for about $70K! It was completely stock. Holy smoke! That is alot of damn money considering this car is a 97' model. It is a very cool car with all-wheel drive and a redline close to 9k. Beleive it or not this car attacts more people then any of the Porsches we have done. At the local street races there are so many people flocking to the car that it is truly mind-boggling.

This car is supposed to be in Turbo magazine very soon. There are alot of custom things that we did to make it unique. For example...... the header. It took me 20 hours to build the header.Each collector is seperate from each other so this required two wastegate dump tubes which were merged into one. There were a few spots that I had to TIG weld from the inside. I have a special torch that is over 8 insches long by 1/2" thick that I used to do this. The intake piping is very thin 16 gauge aluminum and the turbo intake pipe was very difficult to figure out and weld.There was alot of work that went into this project but I think the end results were worth it.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:41 AM
blk924s
Intermediate

Tim, great work. That is one sweet car. Maybe one of these days I'll have one in my garage.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:26 AM
christian
Racer

They are quite popular in Australia. Just grap one of the Australian import magazines ("Imports" is one of them) and you'll know what's up. But 70 grand - I am not sure guys. Better go for one of those Supras and beef emm up!
Old 11-17-2002, 01:34 AM
sean bartsch
Instructor

Yeah, 70G's is a little more than you would expect to pay for a 97 Nissan . But then again this is an all wheel drive front engine turbocharged can of whopass. Jezz i would love to have to "test and tune" that car. I will be looking for it in turbo magazine. It will be cool to see SFR mentioned in there instead of that JDM type-r mugen crap. Keep up the good work Tim.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:53 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That's a phat car Tim. Yeah, I"ve always wanted a Skyline and I"m gonna get one someday.......an R33 or R34 GT-R would look nice in my garage

later,

amir
Old 11-18-2002, 02:39 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was joking. Too subtle, I guess.

The outfit that brings them over brings them in from Japan, so the steering wheel is on the wrong side. If the euro ones are on the left side, that's where I'd want to import one from. Actually, Nissan is supposed to bring them in within the next year or two.

Quick Reply: OT: SFR Skyline R33 project car