Notices

Want to upgrade suspension...in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 01:19 PM
RedDog
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Want to upgrade suspension...in Detroit

HI i have a 996tt and the roads here suck however i want to lower my car and give it a better handle however not loose much of the comfort (if thats possible) i was told to do h&r springs and the row shocks....anyone have any input
thanks
Old 02-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
RedDog,
Do a archive search on the 993 board, supension has been beaten to death there. While you dont have a 993, I think you will find some useful info on the past threads. I dont think you can get low and firm without giving up some comfort. Also, dont do "just springs" as they are only part of the soulution (looks). I am installing a set of Bilstien PSS9's and having the car lowered to RS spec and expect to suffer a bit for this setup with the great roads here in Chicago. I dont know if Bilstien makes them for the 996 yet...
Old 04-21-2002, 05:35 PM
Bel996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedDog,

I have the Bilstein/Hr setup on my 996 Coupe.
The ride is still good.Also lowered the car.

<a href="http://www.s-tuning.com/porsche.htm" target="_blank">Pictures</a>
Bel996
Old 04-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts
Although a more expensive solution (although your Turbo was not cheap either), another possibility might be a new springs with true adjustable shocks such as Penske, Ohlins, Dynamic, Moton or JRZ. Using such shocks, you could adjust your ride to better fit the street or the track. On the other hand, simply putting the ROW Turbo sport suspension might be easier and well matched.

Quick Reply: Want to upgrade suspension...in Detroit