Notices

Porsche Techequipe Rollbar question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:29 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Techequipe Rollbar question

What is the best way to install it? I am trying to figure out how to get it in. I have already been warned about scratching the interior with the legs. I wrapped the legs in socks. I just can't figure out how to manuever it in?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:02 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
What is the best way to install it? I am trying to figure out how to get it in. I have already been warned about scratching the interior with the legs. I wrapped the legs in socks. I just can't figure out how to manuever it in?
Remove both front seats and get a helper to bring it in.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've talked to a few people about it. Remove the seat belt adjustment clips and hooks from the B-pillar. Remove the seats and rearview mirror. It goes in on the passenger side with the top of the bar tilted toward the winshield. The back bars are pivoted up. From here, it depends on how you want to go in. Most bolt in the front mounts and pivot back. To do this means scraping the rollbar on the headliner. The other option is it can slide in. The other important thing is to trim the plastic under the carpet on the sides. I have been told by multiple people that it is a 2 person job. Be careful near the winshield and put socks over the legs when getting is into the car to avoid scratches.

Quick Reply: Porsche Techequipe Rollbar question