Notices

S2 Cab to 944 Turbo Cab?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006 | 03:26 AM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Default S2 Cab to 944 Turbo Cab?

I have a 90 S2 cab.Its in exellent cond with the exception of bent valves and lower end damage. I can rebuild or replace my stock S2 eng or replace it with a turbo eng? I am aware its a pertty extensive task. But I have several porsches now. Trying to sell a few of them. I have alway loved my 88 turbo S, but just wished it was a conv.. Now I have a chance to have a turbo Cab. And If I can get the Cab going with a turbo eng I will then sell the Turbo S.
My idea was to find a good engine and bore it out?
What do most people do to get more low end from the turbo engine? I have plenty of time and I am aware the task will be costly. But I want to make this work.

I also have a 94 968 cab with 42k miles on it. 6spd, red/black int and top. Great car (Up for sale if anyone is interested)
I hope to get similar low end performance from the S2 cab after a turbo upgrade but with better passing power.
I dont have a specific HP level I am looking for. In fact I dont mind trying to do as much as possible with the stock AFM "barn door" and injectors. From what I have read that means I am limited to 275 to 300"MAX" RWHP. I feel that will be more than enough for me. The S2 engine was probably 175 rwhp, so even with a stock turbo engine I would have to see a bit of a performance kick. Also I have read that the S2 cab body was stiffened at the door stills. Is there any other areas I should be concerned with making stronger? Any idas of what that the S2 5spd tranny hold up to?
Lots of questions I know and many have been answered over the years. For this I appologize...

And I appreciate any answers that I can get from the group. I have seen so many different threads with ideas of what the proper upgrade path is with the 3.0 S2 engine in regads to turbocharging it. However, I want to replace it. And any other S2 parts that need to be upgraded.
So I wanted to see if I could compile some recent data in order to get a good dependable car out of the work I will have to put into this. It will not be a daily driver.
I picked up the car for a good deal because the previous owner bent the valves and damaged the car. The car has 68k miles on it, so it seems to be a good canidate for a turbo upgrade.
Anyone here in the US "Southeast" in particular with a 944 turbo Cab?

In addition I have a 86 944 turbo parts car.( I was planning on selling it until I picked up the S2)
The body and interior are in good shape. Problem is it has no engine. I am willing to sell this car, hower I may need some of the parts for my S2 cab to Turbo Cab conversion. Brakes, shocks, full exhaust including muffler and cat (No headers) crossover pipes and an extra k26/6 turbo with 30k miles (I am considering converting it to a k27/6 turbo for the cab but I am not yet quite sure what turbo to put in the car) I have the injectors and fuel rail, Stock Turbo AFM, Good brakes and full turbo suspension, turbo phone dial wheels with 80 percent tread. The stock intercooler, piping and intake manifold. An extra turbo head "stock" ,
A/C compressor, Starter, Altenator, 2 exellent J-boots, throttle body, plus both computer boxes with stock chips. All windows and locks all work and are in exellent shape including the rear hatch, removable top and windshield.

In addition I have an 87 944 N/A in good cond. BLK/BLK. A/C works. Engine has 200k on it though.

thanks,

Quick Reply: S2 Cab to 944 Turbo Cab?