Notices

Problems with DAS Sport? - Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 03:54 PM
9114LIFE
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with DAS Sport? - Poor Customer Service

Has anyone has problems with DAS Sport recently? I remember a long time ago, there were very slow to ship. I recently ordered a DAS Sport Race Bar, I was told the bar was in stock and could ship the next day. They charged my credit card in full, but didn't bother to send the bar for one full week. Now my car may not be ready in time and will have to pay extra to get the bar powder coated in short order.

I was told the Shipping Manager would call me back, but that was last week. DAS Sport seems unwilling to take responsibility for their delay in shipment. In fact, they cannot even provide a reason why they didn't ship it when promised.

Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed with the service I received from DAS Sport.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:13 PM
bruinbro
Pro

Originally Posted by 9114LIFE
Has anyone has problems with DAS Sport recently? I remember a long time ago, there were very slow to ship. I recently ordered a DAS Sport Race Bar, I was told the bar was in stock and could ship the next day. They charged my credit card in full, but didn't bother to send the bar for one full week. Now my car may not be ready in time and will have to pay extra to get the bar powder coated in short order.

I was told the Shipping Manager would call me back, but that was last week. DAS Sport seems unwilling to take responsibility for their delay in shipment. In fact, they cannot even provide a reason why they didn't ship it when promised.

Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed with the service I received from DAS Sport.
What did you expect?

Bro
Old 03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
9114LIFE
AutoX

Only that they would deliver on what they promised! I guess that is too much to expect from DAS Sport, based on my recent purchase.

UPDATE: I spoke with Mark at CDOC and was told last week that the service manager would call me back that day. Well, it is a new week and still no word.

Someone should copy the DAS bar, if this new company offered any kind of customer service it would put DAS out of business. Too bad a good product doesn't have the support to keep customers happy.

Last edited by 9114LIFE; 03-17-2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Updating post
Old 03-18-2006, 02:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

if you are in CA, you ought to look at www.tcdesignfab.com
tony custom fab roll bar and roll cages.
his work makes DAS look like a POS.
i have had 7 roll bars done by tony, check out the stuff he did for various GT3's.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DAS Service

I ordered my bar on Monday, 27th of March and it was on my doorstep by Friday, 31st ... Good service and the bar fits perfectly.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 PM
9114LIFE
AutoX

Default DAS finally responded

Quick update, after several calls and emails I did hear back from DAS Sport. I love the bar, but like the TC rollbar mentioned above as well. I did appreciate the fact that DAS credited back some money based on the poor response. They took the time to make this situation right.

Quick Reply: Problems with DAS Sport? - Poor Customer Service