Notices

RSR spec cluch and pressure plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:21 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSR spec cluch and pressure plate

I recently purchased a wide body 79 sc with a 3.6 coilover conversion. I am sorting out the car and the cluch feels like butter. I called the previous owner and he gave me the receipt for the recent cluch job. I called the mechanics and they explained the cluch was resurfaced with a 4 puck set upto RSR specs? and the pressure plate was resurfaced to RSR specs . they had removed the helper spring and the cluch feels like 1/2 the peddle of a g-50. It works just driving up and down the street(no plates). Does any one have any experience with this and does this sound correct. My opinion is the thing does not grab like a race clutch and it has the peddle fell of mashed spuds. Help with any prior experiments?

regards
Tom
Old 01-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Tom:

That mechanic's description was quite vague.

The Sachs RSR clutch disc (there are two) and pressure plates are very different from street parts and I'd truly be interested in how they "converted" both parts.

Each & every puck-type clutch I've driven over the past 30+ years was quite grabby and there is no mistaking that for a streetable unit.

My suggestion is that its time to take it apart and see precisely what you have.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:14 AM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch and pressure plate

Steve,
I feel the same as you. I have talked to the shop in Ontario Ca. They send out the clutch disk and pressure plate to Uro-sport? the pressure plate is resurfaced and the Diaphram spring is replaced. The cluth disk was resurfaced with a 4 puck set up. My worry is that the springs in the clutch disk are the weak link the core used to resurface beeing a oem 915 clutch disk. Doe any one have any experiance with Uro -Sport resurfaceing. The clamping force claimed by the Garage is 900 KG this is the RSR spec.

Regards
Tom

Quick Reply: RSR spec cluch and pressure plate