Notices

Anyone in greater boston area w/ GT3 Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005 | 05:13 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Default Anyone in greater boston area w/ GT3 Seats?

Hello Group,

I want to put the GT3 Seats into my E46 M3. I am basically looking for something more supportive than stock, but that looks good. The GT3 seats fit the bill perfectly, unfortunately, I can't really tell if they are going to fit me. I am 6' 0" 225lbs. I tried out the std. Recaro SPG. It's too tight for me. The XL fits me with room to spare (not that much though). I am afraid of purchasing the seats and then realizing that they are actually too small.

Does anyone in the greater boston area have a car with these installed? If so, I'd love to meet up with you to try them out, I'll even buy you lunch. Shoot me an email adamsmola@comcast.net

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-14-2005 | 05:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Have you called around to some dealers to see if they have a car on the floor with these seats?
I remember seeing a GT3 at Inskip Porsche with GT3 seats installed a couple of months ago.
Old 02-14-2005 | 06:07 PM
Moogle
Race Car

will they even fit? i have an E46 M3, and i don't think so.

PS. i got your email, and i'm selling the SPORT seats, not the GT3 seats.
Old 02-14-2005 | 07:29 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Moogle,

I'm an idiot. I just sent you a PM too, thinking you didn't get my email. LOL. Yeah, they fit suppodly. TC Kline Racing assured me they woudl and theres a couple people out there who have them installed, but I don't know which brackets they used. I figured the smart thing to do is to get the seats first, and then call up a few of the bracket manufacturers and tell them what I have and see what they say.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-14-2005 | 07:30 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Have you called around to some dealers to see if they have a car on the floor with these seats?
I remember seeing a GT3 at Inskip Porsche with GT3 seats installed a couple of months ago.

I just called a few local dealers, most of them didn't even know what I was talkin about. So I gave up.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-14-2005 | 10:48 PM
Moogle
Race Car

OK then, just wanted to make sure you didn't think i was ignoring your email/PMs

that said, i dont know why you would want to put these seats in the E46 M3... they are very restrictive, and would render the back completely useless.

not to mention, they might look out of place, as they werent exactly designed with the M3 in mind.

the seats, when installed in my GT3, barely clear the door/window. i dont know how it would work out in an M3.

you may be better off going with something from sparco or recaro (the GT3 seats are secially made for Porsche by recaro)
Old 02-15-2005 | 09:58 AM
J.PELLEGRINO
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am in the Boston area and I have a pair of 996 gt3 seats for sale on behalf of a client.Please let me know if you are interested.Thanks,Jerry

Quick Reply: Anyone in greater boston area w/ GT3 Seats?