Notices

Tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Jim Florance
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire sizes

I have an RS Clone that is coming out of the paint shop later this week so I'd like to get this problem resolved as soon as possible. I have steel Rear RS Flares on the car and have purchased 8"x16" Fuch wheels with a 951 offset that I'm planning to use for front wheels, and 9"x16" wheels from a 930 I'm using in the back. I have also "rolled and creased the fender edges to get another 1/2" to 3/4" wheel room. Since it's inpractical to go through several sets of tires to find the best tire fit for the car, I need to draw on the collective experience of the Rennlist crowd to get the widest tire I can under my fenders yet avoid rubbing under the heavy loads experienced at auto-x, short track series, and time trial events. If you have any experience in tire fittment on RS and RS Clones, let me know tire sizes and brands you know will fit.
Thanks, Jim F
Old 03-20-2004, 03:03 PM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure but I have seen 225/50/16 in the front and 245/45/16 in the rear of a 911SC. They have similar fenders to your car. It depends also how low the car is.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:37 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jetskied is right - those sizes work well with the narrow bodied 911's with rolled fenders.

Quick Reply: Tire sizes