rebuilding my baby????

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 02:32 AM
944x-rated
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuilding my baby????

hey guys,

im trying to rebuild my 951, but unfortunately, i cannot find any good sites for performance engine parts. i figured i'd throw y'all what i want and y'all can give me some ideas:

i want my engine put together w/ better than factory parts. but on the other hand, i don't want a complete race car, maintaining streetability is crucial. i was thinking of having my crank worked on(lightened, balanced???), upgraded bearings, connecting rods, pistons, piston rings, and i have already found a place to do the head work. i was wanting to go w/ the 944 "turbo cup" turbo. i don't want to go crazy, but would like for a mid 12 sec. ride. nitrous is out of the quistion for right now, mid 12's turbo, better w/ the NAWSSSSS...

btw. im pretty ignorant about porsche engines, and my friends have asian imports, and they have their motors sleeved...i was told that i might not have to do that, can someone set me straight.

thanks,

dustin r.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:14 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Head over to the 924/931/944/951/968 Forum or the 944 Turbo Forum, and you'll get alot more responses. Good luck and welcome to Rennlist!
Old 12-04-2003, 05:11 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.performancedevelopments.com
www.vitesseracing.com
www.speedforceracing.com
www.lindseyracing.com
www.paragon-products.com
www.jmengines.com
www.ebsracing.com