Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FSOT: 19" FINSPEED F14 Lightweight Forged Wheels in Gunmetal Finish

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014 | 10:56 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Smile Only $2,300! -- FSOT: 19" FINSPEED F14 Lightweight Forged Wheels in Gunmetal Finish

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $2300
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996, 997
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

***** Labor Day weekend reduction...

Now just $2,650 + shipping!

At this price, I'm looking at a $1,400-1,500 loss, just for the very light staining (on the one wheel only). I have several sets of wheels now, and need to move these out. My loss is your gain.

Cheers. *****

I really hate to sell these. They are gorgeous — very much like a mix between a 997.2 GTS wheel and a 997.2/991 GT3 OEM gray/titanium finish wheel. They just have that pared-down, technical and purpose-driven look and feel about them. And they are truly like-new. ONLY 200 MILES ON THESE WHEELS. $2,900 + Shipping!

Specs:

• F: 8.5" x 19" ET55
• R: 11" x 19" ET51

These forged wheels are very strong, very lightweight. They're made, with extreme care, here in the USA of the very highest quality materials. Even the center caps are milled from billet aluminum. The craftsmanship and artistry that went into making these wheels is clearly evident. For example, those are Porsche OEM center cap crests, hand inlaid into the custom cut aluminum center caps. Everything fits together with surgical precision. The powder coat finish is Finspeed's standard metallic "Gunmetal" gray. The color is absolutely stunning; it looks like a very slightly deeper gray than the 997.2 GT3's gunmetal gray wheels. They should complement just about every Porsche color, including the (hard to coordinate with) GT Silver of my car.

Three of the wheels are absolutely perfect. As I've mentioned, all four wheels have seen less than two hundred miles, on the road. One of the front wheels shows some light staining. The "high-end" hand-wash-only car wash I took my car to sprayed some heavy duty wheel cleaner on it, and it now shows some shadow-like spray stains. Please see all photos — they accurately show the extent of the staining. My guess is it might be possible to get some of these light marks out, but to return it to brand new condition, it might need to be refinished. My VERY LOW PRICE, therefore, accounts for any refinishing/refubrishment you might choose to do to this one wheel. Finspeed themselves are aware of this issue, and they would happily refinish this wheel to brand-new condition, for a fee.

I have over $4,000 in these wheels. Don't miss this chance to own these fantastic wheels for over $1,000 less than new! (By buying these, you also circumvent the long new order lead time.)

Photos:

Wheel 01 (Front; near-perfect condition):

Amazing detailing:

Wheel 02 (Rear; near-perfect condition):

Wheel 03 (Rear; near-perfect condition):

Wheel 04 (Front; Light staining. These photos show the staining accurately. It's mostly faint, and these photos show the worst of it. The surface itself still looks and feels consistent, in terms of smoothness and glossiness.):

Even the center caps (with OEM Porsche Crests) are works of art!:

All packed up and ready to ship out!:

***** The wheels are located in Newport Beach, CA. Local pick-up okay. PayPal or bank wire transfer only.

I am new here, as a poster, but I have a lot of experience, and dozens and dozens of references, in the high-end watch enthusiast community. I am a reputable buyer and seller. I stand by all of my deals. Please buy with confidence!

Thank you.

***** Wheels I would trade for:

• Forgeline GA1R
• BBS LM-R
• Porsche OEM GT3

Last edited by Ten Years; 09-16-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2014 | 02:27 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 08-17-2014 | 10:30 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 08-17-2014 | 10:40 PM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Very nice.
Old 08-18-2014 | 12:58 AM
acf
Racer

OP, were these on a narrow body 997 or a wide body (turbo)?

How much would it cost to get finspeed to refinish the stained wheel, and would you happen to know the turn around time on that?
Old 08-18-2014 | 01:38 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
OP, were these on a narrow body 997 or a wide body (turbo)?

How much would it cost to get finspeed to refinish the stained wheel, and would you happen to know the turn around time on that?

I had them built for my NB car, but the specs are also pretty much the same as OEM wide-body wheels. For example, my OEM Turbo II wheels, which were originally from a 997.2 TT-S, have ETs of 56/51, whereas these FINSPEEDs have ETs of 55/51.

They told me a full refinish would be around $500. I have no idea on turn-around, but my guess is about 1-2 weeks (5-10 business days). Btw, I'm just minutes away, in Newport Coast. ;-) I'd say, unless you're super obsessive about such things, the light stains might not even bother you, and maybe you could run them a while and deal with it later. Anyhow, I think my pricing allows for such considerations.

Since you and I are local, you're welcome to come by and check them out, anytime. Please let me know if you have further interest. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2014 | 01:57 AM
acf
Racer

Thanks OP!
Old 08-18-2014 | 02:06 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Thanks OP!
No worries. ;-)

Let me know if you ever want to come by. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2014 | 12:58 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 08-20-2014 | 09:03 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Smile

I took my wheel to GMG here in SoCal, today, and spoke with Allan and Fabrice, who are known to be experts in many things Porsche related. They said they could refinish all four wheels and caps in any color/finish, in either powder coat or paint, for around $600. The turn-around is also just days to maybe a week. I can arrange for the wheels to be dropped off there, and for them to ship them to you, if so desired.

Also, however, when all of us were gathered around this "stained" wheel, we all agreed that the marks were actually very light, and that many, if not most, people would probably just keep it the way it is. It's really very minor, and the staining didn't affect the overall sheen/finish/smoothness at all.

The bottom line is, I'm essentially selling all four wheels for the price of three anyway, so there's a lot of room for personal choice, in terms of how to handle this.

Let's please find a good home for these otherwise like-new wheels soon! Thanks, Rennlist!

Old 08-22-2014 | 03:48 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 08-23-2014 | 02:38 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Smile

I really thought these would be gone by now. This is an unheard of price on virtually brand new, highly desirable, Finspeed F14 lightweight forged wheels.

Let's find these a new home!

Thanks, RL.
Old 08-25-2014 | 09:03 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 08-27-2014 | 12:57 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^
Old 08-28-2014 | 12:12 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-29-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: FSOT: 19" FINSPEED F14 Lightweight Forged Wheels in Gunmetal Finish