Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

HRE P101 Monoblock Forged for 991.1 Wide Body 5 Lug with Michelin P4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:05 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 359 Posts
Default HRE P101 Forged Monoblok for 991.1 Wide Body 5 Lug with Michelin P4S

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $5800
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

For sale are a set of HRE P101 forged monoblok aluminum 5-lug wheels with offsets made to perfectly fill out the wheel wells on a wide-body without spacers. The wheels are in almost-new condition and are free of curb-rash. There are a few tiny rock chips in the barrels that aren't noticeable when they are mounted. I only discovered them once they were off the car for detailing before packing them up.

These wheels and tires were on the car for only 3800 miles. I've traded in the car I had them on and they won't fit the new car.

The finish is HRE’s Brushed Clear. The finish is astoundingly nice inside and out, even across the entire width of the barrels. They have also been ceramic coated with Simonize GlassCoat professional coat. These wheels are as nice as they get. The HRE logo on the rim includes the HRE factory red-letter fill option and these come with the upgraded HRE color center caps. The standard non-colored caps are being included with the sale for free.

If you like the wheels but prefer another finish, HRE can refinish them in any finish they support for these wheels at very reasonable prices, but you’d need to check with someone at HRE for a real price depending upon your selections. If you take this route, I could probably arrange to ship them straight to HRE for you once you have the pricing worked out to save on total shipping costs.

The 20” wheels are ½” wider than the OEM ones at 9” and 11.5” and both have 45 offsets. These get a lot of complements, I’ve even seen people take photos of them. It's my understanding that the HRE fronts are a little over 20 pounds and the rears a little over 22 pounds, so these are around 3 to 4 pounds lighter than the already fairly light Carrera S OEM wheels I had despite the extra ½" width... something you'd expect from forged monoblocs.

These wheels also include their own OEM Porsche TPMS fitments that work perfectly with a 991.1's TPMS system. The also come with the special black HRE wheel bolts that have lower profile rounded heads that nest into the lug recesses better than the OEM wheel bolts, although you could use OEM bolts if you preferred. There are no locking bolts.

They tires are Michelon Pilot 4S's that also have only 3800 miles on them. The tires were manufactured in week 49 of 2016 and week 10 of 2017. While they are not N-rated, they are rated as Extra Load tires like N-rateds would be and are 245/35R20 on the front and 305/30R20 on the rear. A tread depth gauge shows that the tread depth is currently 7/32” on both the inside and outside shoulders of all tires and 8/32” in the center so there has been very little wear. The tires have had no punctures or damage. I had an alignment done when they were installed and it must be spot-on for such perfect tire wear. They are very well balanced and the wheel weights' placements and appearance are ideal. They were mounted using a touchless Hunter mounting machine and balanced width a Hunter Road Force balancer by the Porsche dealer.

The wheels retail for $9800 + tax. The tires cost roughly $1750 expertly installed and balanced. The OEM TPMS units cost about $450 for the set. This is a total of about $12,000. I'm listing these at less than half price, $5800 which is a huge discounton an almost-new wheel/tire set. I'll ship for $200 in the 48 states via UPS ground or you can do free local pickup in Austin. I can also deliver them in the Central Texas area.

Payment is accepted via cash with local pickup or PayPal using the "Purchase Goods or Services" option, providing Purchase Protection for you at my expense of the fee I will pay.

Here's some photos of them both alone and on my prior 911.1 C4S.

This photo highlights how much deeper a dish there is on the HRE back wheel (left) than on the OEM wheel.

This photo highlights the much finer machining and finish of the HRE wheel (on the right here) as compared to the OEM one.

Here's a close-up of the current tread. There's plenty of life remaining. All of the tires have about the same wear... surprisingly enough.

Last edited by StormRune; 03-04-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 AM
w00zie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning wheels,,,,,I wish your were closer,,,those would look great on my C4S!

GLWS
Old 01-29-2018, 09:25 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Thanks w00zie! Remember that I can safely ship them if you change your mind

Also, readers please note that I added information to the original post pointing out that HRE can refinish the wheels to any of their color schemes for a modest cost. You'd have to contact HRE for the cost of the specific selections you'd like to make... but for most it would likely be in the $1500 to $2000 range with that price including their shipping the wheels back to you, not too bad for $10,000 wheels. If you know you would like to have them refinished I could save you some shipping costs and ship them straight to HRE on your behalf.

But as you can tell I personally still prefer the HRE's in brushed clear for most car colors. The look of the machined metal is quite a thing of beauty.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:46 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

These look amazing! you pretty much clinched the finish for me (I have agate too) and I'd be all over these if they were in NB offsets. Why oh why are they WB!!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:53 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

A price drop to get a early weekend bump! $6600 + $200 shipping anywhere in the US. That's a 45% savings over retail.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:30 PM
w00zie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
A price drop to get a early weekend bump! $6600 + $200 shipping anywhere in the US. That's a 45% savings over retail.
dammit stop lowering the price! You’re tempting me too much
wish cad $ was more at par

glws

stunning wheels!!!!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:38 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Thanks W00zie! I went out and talked with the wheels. They said that they'd be thrilled to take a trip up to Canada.

The last time I made a sale to someone in Canada, I recall that the taxes the buyer had to pay before picking them up there weren't very pretty though. Too bad they make the paperwork and taxes so problematic.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:06 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice rims, glws
Old 02-03-2018, 12:17 PM
C4SxM5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Thanks w00zie! Remember that I can safely ship them if you change your mind

Also, readers please note that I added information to the original post pointing out that HRE can refinish the wheels to any of their color schemes for a modest cost. You'd have to contact HRE for the cost of the specific selections you'd like to make... but for most it would likely be in the $1500 to $2000 range with that price including their shipping the wheels back to you, not too bad for $10,000 wheels. If you know you would like to have them refinished I could save you some shipping costs and ship them straight to HRE on your behalf.

But as you can tell I personally still prefer the HRE's in brushed clear for most car colors. The look of the machined metal is quite a thing of beauty.
refinishing is actually a lot cheaper since they are one piece wheels. I’ve done it few times through hre on my p101s and any standard finish is $200 per wheel + shipping. They also repair any curb marks for that cost. Extremely fair!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:29 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

My favorite wheels. I guess they would stick out too far on a C2S otherwise they'd be mounted on your 2017?
Old 02-03-2018, 01:32 PM
midwesterner
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a narrow body 911.1 C2s. Would these fit? I'd love to grab these!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:35 PM
midwesterner
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by midwesterner
I have a narrow body 911.1 C2s. Would these fit? I'd love to grab these!
Just checked....I guess the wide body Wheels would not work.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:23 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. Correct, the car must be wide body model. Thanks for the interest though!
Old 02-03-2018, 06:41 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraFahrer
My favorite wheels. I guess they would stick out too far on a C2S otherwise they'd be mounted on your 2017?
Yes. Interestingly the 991.2 model come stock with a much more aggressive offset than we've seen on prior models. Additional offset on the 991.2 would really be pushing it... plus like you said, on any S they would be a no-go.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:52 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C4SxM5

refinishing is actually a lot cheaper since they are one piece wheels. I’ve done it few times through hre on my p101s and any standard finish is $200 per wheel + shipping. They also repair any curb marks for that cost. Extremely fair!
Thanks! I modified my wording to just ask HRE for a quote. I'm sure Jurrian from HRE on the forums will be glad to help out.

Quick Reply: HRE P101 Monoblock Forged for 991.1 Wide Body 5 Lug with Michelin P4S