Panamera 2010-Current

2015 Panamera reliability

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 04:53 PM
exaramco
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Panamera reliability

I am considering buying a CPO, 2015 Panamera with 1100 miles only on it. Would like feedback of car reliability, service record, handling on curvy roads. Opinion: is it worth changing a Honda Accord, 6 cylinder with sport mode, 2014, for this Panamera? What am I getting for the extra money? Thanks much.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Drive it and you ll see what extra you are getting over the Honda. If you don t feel the difference then stick with the Honda. I have a 15 Pana 4 at 18K miles has not been back to the dealer for anything. I do my own service. Service such as oil changes etc will be pricy at the dealer as compared to the Honda. The Pana and Honda are not in the same class of cars.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:41 PM
exaramco
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Thank you for your opinion. I drove the Panamera twice and, you are right, there is a world of difference. I admit, though, the Honda has been a fine car but left something to be desired on mountain roads.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:38 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 141 Posts

I have had my 2015 Panamera 4 since early April and no issues. Handles supremely well on curvy roads.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:14 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by exaramco
Thank you for your opinion. I drove the Panamera twice and, you are right, there is a world of difference. I admit, though, the Honda has been a fine car but left something to be desired on mountain roads.
LOL .. Porsche vs Honda. totally different car in term of performance and driveability. for sure Honda will costs you less to maintain and buy, you can get a couple new Honda for 1 CPO PANAMERA. I have 2016 PAN4, Love it !!! Maintenance is quite expensive @ Porsche dealer. I am a DIY guy except Brake ... I just got Front Brake done on my 2014 Porsche Cayenne @ 35K miles by my BMW mechanic doing side job from BMW dealer. Porsche charged $675 for pads and sensors. This work costs me around $380.

Panamera is a GREAT car. You will like it ...
Old 08-16-2017, 08:17 AM
holynitro
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dougpan4
LOL .. Porsche vs Honda. totally different car in term of performance and driveability. for sure Honda will costs you less to maintain and buy, you can get a couple new Honda for 1 CPO PANAMERA. I have 2016 PAN4, Love it !!! Maintenance is quite expensive @ Porsche dealer. I am a DIY guy except Brake ... I just got Front Brake done on my 2014 Porsche Cayenne @ 35K miles by my BMW mechanic doing side job from BMW dealer. Porsche charged $675 for pads and sensors. This work costs me around $380.

Panamera is a GREAT car. You will like it ...

+1 ...

Honda vs Porsche ...? Come on brooo ..
Old 09-03-2017, 02:47 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 161 Posts

Have a 2014 S e-Hybrid with 24,000 miles. Have had no problems at all. So far I have had my services done at dealer, and they have been expensive. After reading this thread, I am going to find an alternate source for service work. Porsche has made the top of the JD Power reliability list, sharing the spot with Lexus. No question, once you are out of warranty parts are expensive. I have never enjoyed a car as mich as the Panamera. My concern is that I don't like the new one, so I don't know what I will get next. A friend of mine who replaced his for a new one says the new Panamera rides softer, and the touch screens are a pain and fingerprint easily.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:23 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Agreed !!! It is very expensive to service at Porsche dealer. Due to limited DIY from forum for Pan Hybrid, i would stay with regular PAN. I have 2016 PAN4. so far is so good. I was able to perform DIY on maintenance. Thank You the members in this forum. Awesome .... i have 2014 Cayenne and 2016 PAN4, the 2 cars drive differently. I would get 911 next. drove new 2017 PAN as a loaner car, it is NICE ... I feel the same since my PAN4 have an active suspension + PASM. Once in awhile, I need to bring my cars in for oil change $275 and inspect for any issues under warranty. alignment is $290 with 10% discount due to new set of tires. That's IT ...
Any other quotes for brakes and 20/40K miles service from dealer, I will DIY or bring it to Porsche technician who works on the car at home during the weekend. I use him through referral. I will get an extended warranty for sure, I can't imagine to drive the PORSCHE without warranty. It will be expensive to at dealer.

Have fun with your Hybrid. It is a great car.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Diamond Dog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought and drove a 2014 Pana for about 2 weeks. It was more of a "luxury" car than a sports car and I was used to a sports car feeling as I had an Audi S5. It was very nice and had lots of options. But I had to put myself into a new mindset and think of it as a luxury car vs sports car

The car developed some issues and the dealer fixed them without questions and immediately (windshield, steering wheel, control arms). I felt like that was a lot of issues after one week for a CPO car. I also could not get any service records for this car. I just had a bad feeling about this car.

I ended up changing the car for another CPO car for 7K more. I ended up getting a Pana S and a year younger (2015) with 20k less miles and all service records.

The S is a COMPLETELY different car than the base model in my opinion. This car drives like a sports car, yet it has luxury features. Seriously, it is as if I got a totally different car in my opinion. I ended up paying about 11k more than the 2014, but thinki it was the best decision I have made. With that I got things the other car did not have and the other car was pretty loaded (carbon fiber interior, sports exhaust, soft close doors, sports chrono with launch control).

Long and short, the car will probably have little issue and if it does the warranty will cover yours until 2021. try to bump up to the S if at all possible
Old 09-08-2017, 03:48 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

agreed 4S is much better than 4. I will consider either 911 or 4s my next porsche. It was a significant $ delta when we purchased 4 vs 4s at the time. My wife feels 4 is good for her ... what can I say? LOL ...

Quick Reply: 2015 Panamera reliability