Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Dog in back on Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 02:01 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Dog in back on Panamera?

Anyone have a dog and regularly take him/her in the hatch area of the car, presumably with the tonneau cover removed? Any thoughts?

My dog is medium sized, about 45 pounds. I was hoping the height of the sill would be lower but she has hops so could make it though I do worry about scratching.

Anyone know if the Sport Tourismo sill is lower? Looks it in the pix but hard to say for sure.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:32 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...on-covers.html

look thru here for ideas. I think it will be too low in the back and that is a high jump in and out.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:45 AM
yurigagarin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two big dogs, 105 lbs and 90 lbs (and growing). they jump from front to back, lick all the electronics and try to take turns driving. The car is well built , the seats have held up well and not outage on the instruments. I would let your dog enjoy the ride
Old 07-15-2017, 02:33 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cerbomark
https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...on-covers.html

look thru here for ideas. I think it will be too low in the back and that is a high jump in and out.
Thanks for finding that thread. Dealer said I should bring my dog in to see which is pretty cool. Still leaning toward the Sport Turismo for this reason.

Originally Posted by yurigagarin
I have two big dogs, 105 lbs and 90 lbs (and growing). they jump from front to back, lick all the electronics and try to take turns driving. The car is well built , the seats have held up well and not outage on the instruments. I would let your dog enjoy the ride
Thanks. Issue for me is dog hair. I have an Aussie and am soon to get a second and they shed a LOT. My X4 is a disaster
Old 07-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Thanks for finding that thread. Dealer said I should bring my dog in to see which is pretty cool. Still leaning toward the Sport Turismo for this reason.

Thanks. Issue for me is dog hair. I have an Aussie and am soon to get a second and they shed a LOT. My X4 is a disaster
That's a Lab in the back of his car. They shed so much I'm shocked that they don't go bald. The real problem (as I'm sure you've found) is the carpeted areas and the carpets ability to hold the hair. The leather would be easier to vacuum etc.

I love the idea of the Sport Turismo for dog duty. The important point, (apart from egress and ingress) will be the lining of the rear and any sort of cargo flooring that's available. I believe the Macan has some options that may be appropriate. Perhaps that will carry over ?
Old 07-16-2017, 08:32 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

TIP/ to remove dog hair use a pumus stone (not sure of spelling), women use it to remove dead skin from feet, LOL... vacuum in one hand and brush the stone with the other. You can brush it into a pile and suck up. About $2 at Walmart for stone.
The following users liked this post:
Blues Guy (10-16-2021)
Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 PM
gradyvillejb
AutoX

I regularly take my 35lb Labradoodle with me. He happily rides in the "trunk" with the cover removed. I have a black interior, so I bought a couple of black towels and tuck one in behind the rear seat (and keep the spare folded up). He doesn't really shed, but I wash the towels occasionally as they get dusty from taking him on hikes.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:09 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Benedict14
That's a Lab in the back of his car. They shed so much I'm shocked that they don't go bald. The real problem (as I'm sure you've found) is the carpeted areas and the carpets ability to hold the hair. The leather would be easier to vacuum etc.

I love the idea of the Sport Turismo for dog duty. The important point, (apart from egress and ingress) will be the lining of the rear and any sort of cargo flooring that's available. I believe the Macan has some options that may be appropriate. Perhaps that will carry over ?
I will definitely look into this when I order, thanks.

Originally Posted by gradyvillejb
I regularly take my 35lb Labradoodle with me. He happily rides in the "trunk" with the cover removed. I have a black interior, so I bought a couple of black towels and tuck one in behind the rear seat (and keep the spare folded up). He doesn't really shed, but I wash the towels occasionally as they get dusty from taking him on hikes.
Great thanks. How does he find the height to jump in and out?
Old 07-24-2017, 02:30 PM
gradyvillejb
AutoX

He can jump out, but I have to help him climb in. He seems happy and comfortable!
Old 07-24-2017, 02:48 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gradyvillejb
He can jump out, but I have to help him climb in. He seems happy and comfortable!
Thanks! My Aussie can really jump but probably better for the paint job to help her in

Quick Reply: Dog in back on Panamera?