Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 05:54 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Matril01
Does anyone know if it is possible to program the little button with a diamond on the steering wheel to assign it to scroll through "my favorites" radio stations? Thx!
Not possible
Old 12-19-2018, 09:08 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Do any Rennlist subscribers in Europe have 2019 Panamera 4 E-Hybrids on order? The news a couple months ago was that production for European owners was stopped indefinitely in September, ostensibly for the newly EU-mandated particulate filters (because of new, more-stringent emissions regulations). An American just posted that he heard that his 2019 Pan4 E-Hybrid has been built and will be shipped soon to Houston, so I'm wondering if they are building for owners outside Europe only, or if they're back to building Porsches for Europe also... I was assuming that the particulate filters are also put into non-European-delivery Porsches, from the Porsche news release, which would also mean EPA certification (and CARB certification) in the US, meaning potential delays for all new Porsches in 2019 in the US.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:28 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

it is not necessarily the problem with the filter - it is more about testing the car for emissions according to the new WLTP standards. Here in Europe, a Panamera or Cayenne e-hybrid are only available as of the second half of 2019.

Maybe cars in the US can be delivered without WLTP emission ratings..
Old 12-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Matril01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious if anyone out there has the feature (see photo) where you can program the car to "simulate electronic noise in electric operation". I have no idea if I would ever use this feature, but I find it curious/ disturbing that they list it in the owners manual, but I do not have that option in the car. BTW, I have a 2018 Pan E-Hybrid. Thx!
Old 12-21-2018, 12:22 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I've freaked out a lot of pedestrians in parking lots by driving in E-Power Mode, - What manual is that for? I don't thiink this option exists in a 4 E-hybrid, but then again I'm finding new things about my car on a weekly basis.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/18820/h...-noise-by-2020
Old 12-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Matril01
Track Day

The manual is from the 2018 Pan 4 E-Hybrid (USA).I just took delivery of last month.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I am sure I have spotted this in my PCM in sub-menu #435. I will have a look tomorrow and report on this thread.

Wilson
Old 12-21-2018, 02:41 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm seven months into driving my 2018 Pan4 E-Hybrid daily. Outside of the 3 weeks or so that I've been on long driving trips, it has mostly been used for driving within about 30-40 miles of home. I'm spending on average USD $50 per month more on electricity bills by plugging it in every night and charging to full (generally starting at 5-25 percent full on battery capacity each night). I figure that I'm saving about USD $150 per month on gasoline/petrol costs -- as I'm getting 1000-1200 miles per full tank of gas while doing local driving only. So that's a net savings of about USD $100 per month in "propulsion" costs over driving ICE-only cars prior to that. (I'm currently getting 89 mpg in 128 miles of driving since my last fill-up on gas.) I really enjoy going to gas stations much less frequently now -- priceless! And I regularly get the car up to around 86 mph on the expressways here without having the ICE come on.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:34 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Originally Posted by Matril01
The manual is from the 2018 Pan 4 E-Hybrid (USA).I just took delivery of last month.
Yep, I have the same in my manual (Canada) and can confirm the option is not currently avalible via the configuration in the car. Maybe it will come via a future software update? ... along with Android Auto. :-P
Old 12-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Steve Williams
4th Gear

We have no smog regulations in Oregon.. but California has a bunch. My 19 pan 4 hybrid tourismo has a Jan 12 build date then 6-8 weeks delivery time . Mid March I'm told.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:56 PM
Steve Williams
4th Gear

What kind of Battery warranty does Porsche give you with the hybrid ? Hopefully longer than the Standard engine warranty ..
Old 12-22-2018, 06:04 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Williams
What kind of Battery warranty does Porsche give you with the hybrid ? Hopefully longer than the Standard engine warranty ..
I believe in the UK at least, the battery warranty is 6 years. I spoke to Porsche UK before I bought the car and they said the replacement price for the entire battery is £8000 but they have never needed to replace any hybrid battery since they first offered them. The latest battery is also modular and they can just replace a faulty module if required.

On the e-Sound, even though I am sure I saw this on the PCM when I first got the car, some 14 months ago, if it was there, it has disappeared when there was the substantial firm/software update done at its first service in October this year. Someone else told me it sounded like a cross between a Dyson vacuum cleaner and the starship Enterprise and they very quickly switched it off. You just have to be super careful in e-mode, especially around car parks or children.

Wilson
Old 12-22-2018, 04:40 PM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I think the e-sound is only available in certain regions of the world where cars have to make a sound to warn others. For example, in Austria we just passed a law that as of 2019, e-cars have to make a warning sound at low speeds.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:34 AM
MKC91
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
I believe in the UK at least, the battery warranty is 6 years. I spoke to Porsche UK before I bought the car and they said the replacement price for the entire battery is £8000 but they have never needed to replace any hybrid battery since they first offered them. The latest battery is also modular and they can just replace a faulty module if required.

On the e-Sound, even though I am sure I saw this on the PCM when I first got the car, some 14 months ago, if it was there, it has disappeared when there was the substantial firm/software update done at its first service in October this year. Someone else told me it sounded like a cross between a Dyson vacuum cleaner and the starship Enterprise and they very quickly switched it off. You just have to be super careful in e-mode, especially around car parks or children.

Wilson
Like this?
Old 12-27-2018, 08:05 AM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My little Pany

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and after reading all the interesting stories i really felt like sharing my experiences with my new Panamera 4 E-hybrid.
I bought mine at the beginning of November. Bought it from a supercar dealer, and it's not brand new with 35k km on the counter. Yet it's still pristine and smells new.
I've always preferred to buy young second hand cars because, in the Netherlands at least, the moment you drive your new car out of the show room, it loses about 20% of its value. Moreover, by scouting a good young 2nd hand, you 'll have a car that passed all "new car" glitches and you don't have to wait for months to receive it.
Anyway, that worked for me on all previous cars i had.

Now to my beautiful car... I just love it! It's my first Porsche, although i drove my father's 1978 911 Targa often. Chalk colour with the "black pack" and sports exhausts and brown leather interior and carbon fibre details.
I think it is the perfect combo for this chalk colour.

At first i did not crave a Panamera and was more inclined to go for a 911, but during my test drive I was so surprised about the handling, despite its size and weight, and interior luxury looks, that my prejudice turned around completely. Having a family to stowe, I chose to go for it.

So, I ordered it as a happy chappy and took the ProTech full body treatment with it too. The 3D+ treatment which protects it from all weather attacks leaving it with a soft, shiny, extremely water repellent finish. First of all, the car now doesn't get dirty so quick, nothing sticks to it, and washing it is a breeze. Just pressure was it with water and soak up the water pearls.

My experiences...
First impressions in the car are that it's like a space ship cockpit. There's so much to see, do and information available through a dashboard layout that is effective and still humble. Getting the hang of it with so many options will take a while, I guess. The seats are fantastic. So comfortable, also in the rear. The seat cooling function will also come in handy in the summer months after leaving the car out in the sun.
The acceleration is amazing, with the electric help for instant oomph is just delicious. I've tried the launch control only once now because the roads are wet in this time of year. When I tried the launch the car started wiggling it's tail left and right so I thought I'd leave that for a day with more grippy roads.
Regarding the charge, till now I could only get it to charge up to 34km range. And then, as soon as I drive off it will drop to about 27 within the 1st 500 - 1000m. That left me wondering if that is ok and it's the reason I found this forum. From what I learnt here is that this could be normal, given the outside temperature and the way that I have been driving. It makes sense that the range is calculated based on history and my e-drive habits so far are of only a few km's a day with a lot of start-stop and slow driving. I've not yet driven far on the highway in E-mode, which should bump up the km's/kWh, I assume, for its extrapolating calculation. I will keep observing behaviour to hopefully get a better feel for what's possible.
I also don't have a charger at home yet, it's in the process of requesting permission from the community. Meanwhile I charge at work, or in sports plus mode.
The highway drives are excellent. The car is comfortable and sporty on demand. It really gives a great sense of security in taking over or going at high speeds. It's rock solid in all suspension settings. You absolutely feel that there is a lot of quality behind everything in and on the car. As is expected from Porsche!
I must admit though that it still takes some getting used to all the tech on board; lane assist, ACC and all of that. I catch myself being distracted with it still. Especially the lane assist was, at times, a strange experience. The steering wheel pulling on you when you don't expect it. The first time I even thought there was something wrong with the car. For now, I just play with it but probably I'll turn it off and then only use it for longer road trips.

Anyway, I'll leave my story for now and probably get back with questions later.

Enjoy the Xmas holidays!

Sorry, I did not yet have the luck of a nice sunny day for some better pics.
So, yes I do have the rear wiper and it is useful that it turns on when reversing. Mind you, it will only do that when it detects rain.

Last edited by pietpara; 12-27-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread