Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Am I the Only Person That Does Not Like the New Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 12:49 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

The new ones rear looks just like it was from an Audi.Its RS7 twin.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

RS7??

Umm...

Excuse the hideous walls on my garage--if anyone knows a good painter in Vegas let me know.

I must be blind, but I bought this car because I see the 991 in the rear. I have no idea how anyone sees Audi in that.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:14 AM
jezzaa
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

@Johnny5alive Garage boasts the best of both worlds
The panny looks huge beside the 911!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:24 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts

Just my opinion, but the panny looks like a Tesla
Old 06-18-2017, 05:20 PM
gator9_911
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
RS7??

Umm...

Excuse the hideous walls on my garage--if anyone knows a good painter in Vegas let me know.

I must be blind, but I bought this car because I see the 991 in the rear. I have no idea how anyone sees Audi in that.
Totally agree. No Audi here. Just 911 heritage.
1050 total HP. Just pick your wing. I mean flavor.
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2017, 11:14 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

I had an original pana and loved it despite the hunchback look. new one fixes that and is now best looking sedan on market
Old 06-19-2017, 01:15 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

I currently have a 2013 GTS with almost 80,000 miles and it has been an incredible car. Still drives like new. My dealer gave me a new Panamera 4 to drive over the weekend, and I spent 3 days in the new car. Here is my review.

I love the exterior of the new Panamera - looks like a 911 from far away. Much better than my current 2013 GTS. I find the rear visibility is much improved as well. I also like the improved headlights. The engine was very smooth with lots of torque. Without the PDCC the car still handled beautifully, and felt quite a bit lighter than my GTS. The car was very quite and comfortable, and the ride was terrific.

What I really dislike is the new interior and controls. I think it looks cheap compared to my GTS, and the controls range from ok to bad to ridiculous. The clock on the dashboard looks incredibly cheap compared to my multifunction recessed chronometer. It looks like a plastic afterthought that someone just plunked on the dashboard. The large screen nav is beautiful, but a bit overwhelming, and I can't really see why it needs to be that big. The touchscreen is a disaster compared to a well designed interface such as the Mercedes or Audi. Fingerprints will be a constant problem. The silly little **** to maneuver around doesn't let you go left-right or up-down - it only turns.

The 'buttons' recessed below the cheap looking plastic on the console are the worst. At midday, when the sun shines through the windshield, the upper buttons on the console are completely unreadable due to the glare, and you have to shade them with your hand to see them. I can't believe Porsche released a car where you can't see the console buttons when the sun is out. The previous console with the individual buttons gives the car an incredibly distinctive and expensive look, and you can access all critical functions with just one step. The volume control on the radio is a ridiculous rolling cylinder that merits firing of at least a small department. Finally, the shift lever is completely non-intuitive and non-ergonomic, you must push a silly little button on the stalk to park, and to go from reverse to drive you have to squeeze the lever button as you pull back, you can't just pull it back like the earlier car.

I was really excited about getting into the new GTS, but based on my 3 day test drive and evaluation, I'll be keeping my car for as long as I can.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:13 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by gator9_911
Totally agree. No Audi here. Just 911 heritage.
1050 total HP. Just pick your wing. I mean flavor.
wow! I'm like the poor version of you!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by umwolverine
I currently have a 2013 GTS with almost 80,000 miles and it has been an incredible car. Still drives like new. My dealer gave me a new Panamera 4 to drive over the weekend, and I spent 3 days in the new car. Here is my review.

I love the exterior of the new Panamera - looks like a 911 from far away. Much better than my current 2013 GTS. I find the rear visibility is much improved as well. I also like the improved headlights. The engine was very smooth with lots of torque. Without the PDCC the car still handled beautifully, and felt quite a bit lighter than my GTS. The car was very quite and comfortable, and the ride was terrific.

What I really dislike is the new interior and controls. I think it looks cheap compared to my GTS, and the controls range from ok to bad to ridiculous. The clock on the dashboard looks incredibly cheap compared to my multifunction recessed chronometer. It looks like a plastic afterthought that someone just plunked on the dashboard. The large screen nav is beautiful, but a bit overwhelming, and I can't really see why it needs to be that big. The touchscreen is a disaster compared to a well designed interface such as the Mercedes or Audi. Fingerprints will be a constant problem. The silly little **** to maneuver around doesn't let you go left-right or up-down - it only turns.

The 'buttons' recessed below the cheap looking plastic on the console are the worst. At midday, when the sun shines through the windshield, the upper buttons on the console are completely unreadable due to the glare, and you have to shade them with your hand to see them. I can't believe Porsche released a car where you can't see the console buttons when the sun is out. The previous console with the individual buttons gives the car an incredibly distinctive and expensive look, and you can access all critical functions with just one step. The volume control on the radio is a ridiculous rolling cylinder that merits firing of at least a small department. Finally, the shift lever is completely non-intuitive and non-ergonomic, you must push a silly little button on the stalk to park, and to go from reverse to drive you have to squeeze the lever button as you pull back, you can't just pull it back like the earlier car.

I was really excited about getting into the new GTS, but based on my 3 day test drive and evaluation, I'll be keeping my car for as long as I can.
My feelings exactly. In many ways, a giant step backwards.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:27 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,318 Likes on 487 Posts

Johnny5Alive, great photo and pair of Porsches!

Looks very similar to my Carmine Red Panamera 4. I love how the red looks so different in differing light conditions. Guards Red in bright sunshine, yet something more subtle in overcast conditions.

I am like a poor version of you, as I could not afford to keep my 991.1 C2 as well as the new Panamera!

Quick Reply: Am I the Only Person That Does Not Like the New Panamera?