Panamera 2010-Current

Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 08:18 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Oil Change

I bought my wife a Panamera S. Although she has had for a 1 year, she has only driven it 5K miles. The car is telling her it is time for an oil change. I agree, but here is my question. Can I take it to get an oil change anywhere, or do I do I need to take it back to the dealership? In other words, is there way to reset the computer after I change the oil?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:02 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The change interval is 1 year, believe it... this isn't a cheap car that can take any greasy kid stuff. Also, not knowing what year your car is, make certain you follow the manual recommendations and don't use just any oil. As for who does it, they should at least be knowledgeable about Porsche and there are many independents that fit that category. When I passed out of warranty, I used a local Porsche wizard who recommended his particular high grade oil. I did research and found that while his oil had many of the additives of the recommended Mobil1, it was missing the level of others that were necessary for my 4S engine and missing in "comparable" oils. I have an analysis performed at each oil change to track wear and the advice I get back is to continue with my ritual because I have the best wear characteristics they've seen.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:02 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Thanks, it is a 2016. I have had several Porsches, but this is the first Panamera.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:38 AM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

It s not rocket science. Two 5 quart bottles of Mobil 1 (0-40W) less than $60 ... filter a few bucks online. That's it. Access to get under car.
Re setting light is another story. Some of us have Duarmetric tool to re set. Ask an Indy dealer if they can re set and let them do it if you can t yourself. Don t get ripped off.
I just did oil change and brake fluid for less than $100.... Dealer cost, who knows $1000???
Old 04-25-2017, 12:59 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
Thanks, it is a 2016. I have had several Porsches, but this is the first Panamera.
and how did you have these several done ? dealer,indy,you............jiffy lube
Old 04-25-2017, 01:35 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

When I have had air cooled cars, I didn't have to worry about the resetting the computer. I changed oil myself or did it at the race shop.

On my 996tt, and the two 997s I owned, the oil changed seemed to correspond with the normal/regular service intervals. My wife doesn't need a regular interval, just the oil change since she doesn't put a lot of miles on the car, hence 5k in a year.

And....the BMWs we've owned all had maintenance included, which you didn't have to worry about the oil change price surprise at the dealership.

Quick Reply: Oil Change