Last edited by SteeleR; 05-27-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Irrelevant
Old 08-03-2016, 05:12 PM
moham ad
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello
i have panamera turbo 2012
problem is about :
when i drive about 30 min in heavy traffic temprature goes high to higher than 100
then air condition blow get warm and doesnt work for

once i take car to reprasentive dealership of porsche they changed the coolant fluid
they searched for leak and said no leak they found
finally they changed thermostat valve just for test

but with new thermostat valve i have same problem
and nothing changed
Old 08-06-2016, 11:49 AM
moham ad
Track Day

hello
i have panamera turbo 2012
problem is about :
when i drive about 30 min in heavy traffic temprature goes high to higher than 100

once i take car to reprasentive dealership of porsche they changed the coolant fluid

and nothing changed
Old 08-06-2016, 11:55 AM
moham ad
Track Day

hi
panamera turbo 2012
problem is about :

and nothing changed
thanks
Old 08-30-2016, 05:37 PM
Shawn Howell
1st Gear

My 2011 ps4 is now in the shop driver side of engine has no compression was told by the mechanic that there is a problem with the cam bolt breaking so googled it and it is all over the Internet a lot of Porsches with the 4.8 liter has this problem awaiting for Porsche dealer to get back with him guess I'll be waiting awhile!! Has anyone else had this problem
Old 08-30-2016, 09:42 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

A friend of mine worked at a Porsche dealer and would send me pictures with newer Panameras with bad motors mostly broken cam shafts or oil problems.

The higher up techs told him they had a run of problems
Old 09-04-2016, 06:21 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to learn about the problems. My '13 PGTS had a chassis failure at about 25k. Dealer repaired it in two days. Apparently not an uncommon problem with that year. Otherwise, bulletproof and build quality was superb. My '15 TTS was perfect and had zero problems, as is the case with my '16 PGTS.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:07 AM
David-p
1st Gear

Being about to buy a Panamera, I want to thank those who contributed to this thread (also GVO-SFO for https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-panamera.html) for their time and generosity in making the information known. I shall certainly buy a CPO vehicle, and note that most of the previously possible options on my list can now be crossed off as either not having this, or falling into the range of possibly affected vehicles. I now understand why one of the ads I looked at mentioned "a new engine". On the assumption that this problem is not confined to the USA, I am surprised that the EU forums are not full of it. The only thread I have found is: http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/motor...-t5407732.html. (Camshaft adjuster = Nockenwellenversteller) It goes to October 2016 with nothing like the information in the US threads.

If all goes well, my new Porsche will be a late 2012 Panamera GTS with CPO. It is only my second Porsche. My 1987 924S was traded in for a Prius in 2010 after 268k enjoyable miles driven all over the USA. The German Autobahns will be something else!

Last edited by David-p; 01-03-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: add info
Old 01-27-2017, 02:54 PM
jordan rivera
1st Gear

Default Off Lease

Originally Posted by Dbltime
There is a dealership in West Palm Beach called "Off Lease". They have hundreds of Porsches, Audis, Ferraris (and mini vans) at too good to be true prices... The ones that have not had significant body damage have had engine replacement by the manufacturer. More common than you would think.
I've seen these listing. I'm in the early stages of my hunt for a Panamera Turbo. Do you feel this dealer is no good?

Thanks,
Old 01-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jordan rivera
I've seen these listing. I'm in the early stages of my hunt for a Panamera Turbo. Do you feel this dealer is no good?

Thanks,
I just bought a 2014 base with 14,000 on it from this lot, car is still under warranty. . You have to do your homework on any used car , off lease or not. Review the Carfax, take the car to a shop that can download the OBD for high rpm, oil and water temp. Determine how many owners, where it has been driven ....and then make your decision.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:17 PM
ES1900
1st Gear

Default Panamera Engine Failure

Group,
I purchased a 2010 Panamera 4S with 16K miles from Perillo Lamborghini in Illinois last July. Six weeks ago, PSM failure and Check engine light came on. Engine was running horrible. I immediately brought it to my independent mechanic whom I trust and works on Porsche's. Long story short, I have had to replace the engine in mine as well. With only 30K miles on it. I have had no help what so ever from Porsche due to the age of the vehicle. They don't care that it has low miles. I loved this car up until this point and as a first time Porsche owner, I do not know what to expect going forward. The dealer is not willing to step in on my behalf, and they are all about just selling cars and no customer care. I am now $23K into this.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:41 AM
yurigagarin
Intermediate

I had a 2015 GTS that would have engine failure every time that i had an important meeting. Porsche was great about getting me in and fixing it. As much as it drove me crazy it was a great car. I switched to the 2017 turbo , so far the only issue i had is the sunroof screen that they had to repair.
That being said, i would be scared to buy a used panamera out of warranty, as i am sure it is not a cheap fix. Within a year of owning my GTS they had switched over almost everything associated with the engine. These are great cars to own under warranty, but otherwise might be a financial trap.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:06 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Came across this thread while considering an e-hybrid. The failures discussed here are off-putting no doubt, but mostly they are just reinforcing my belief in extended warranties. Never purchase or own a vehicle as advanced and high performance as a Panamera without one. I paid $6k for 2 years of warranty on my previous S8, and it covered well over $30k in repairs during that period. I priced the longest warranty on the Panamera I have been considering, and $7k for a 9 year/ 150k is a steal of a deal for that much coverage on one of these cars. Your dealer should be able to do something similar, and if they can't, contact me and I can help.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:15 AM
bzliteyear
Racer

Default Warranty - wow! V6 awd advice

9 years 150k warranty - where do I get one of those?

I’m close to buying a one-owner 2013 P4 with 102k miles w/ all porsche dealer services, incl recent $4k for 100k svc. Hoping since no V8, air suspension, hybrid or Turbo, that it might make this car go 200k miles. My 03c4S has been perfect for past 6 years and ‘13 Cayenne GTS also flawless the past year+. Any advice would be welcome.

Originally Posted by vagluv
Came across this thread while considering an e-hybrid. The failures discussed here are off-putting no doubt, but mostly they are just reinforcing my belief in extended warranties. Never purchase or own a vehicle as advanced and high performance as a Panamera without one. I paid $6k for 2 years of warranty on my previous S8, and it covered well over $30k in repairs during that period. I priced the longest warranty on the Panamera I have been considering, and $7k for a 9 year/ 150k is a steal of a deal for that much coverage on one of these cars. Your dealer should be able to do something similar, and if they can't, contact me and I can help.

Quick Reply: Panamera Engine Failure