Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Spoiler Failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 05:57 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Spoiler Failure

So I get my Panny back in mid-December with a new engine and drive it one day and start getting a "Spoiler Failure" with an incessant tone every 2 minutes that I cannot turn off. The car has sat outside through some horrendous Rocky Mtn weather, but my question is has anyone else had a problem with this?
Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Took into dealer for warranty repair. Apparently ice got into the mechanism and caused the motor to fail.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Gravity
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robhamster
Took into dealer for warranty repair. Apparently ice got into the mechanism and caused the motor to fail.
Exactly same thing happened to me snow buildup and it couldn't close properly and the motor failed. Dealership fixed it????? And it failed first time again dealer then replaced motor under warranty and no problems 6 inches of white rain today I will highway speed it past 97 k and see if it fails again
Old 04-26-2017, 12:00 AM
razip
1st Gear

I hv similar problem with my Rear Spoiler, i m looking replacement for my failed motor, any suggestion where i can purchased one, im driving Panamera Turbo S year 2012, please help, Thanks
Old 03-23-2021, 01:04 AM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

This usually means someone left the spoiler open during fall, and leaves are trapped inside and started decaying. The rotten leaves then jammed up the drain hole and caused a flood inside the spoiler compartment. When the motors are suspended in water long enough, spoiler failure starts. To fix that, the best solution, both pricewise and function wise, is to upgrade to the Turbo Spoiler with 9xxresearch.com. And if you take advantage to register now, we will even come to you. Read how...

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...our-house.html

Last edited by atwong1; 03-23-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:56 PM
N8Rn8r
2nd Gear

Default Panamera Turbo spoiler failure

Hey yall, I have a 2011 Panamera turbo. After going through a touchless carwash a few months ago immediately after my spoiler stopped working & is stuck in the up position. Everytime I go above or below 60mph the "spoiler failure" indicator comes up. My mechanic told me it's a sensor failure due to water obviously. I'm seeing alot of issues with this. The car only has 37k of which I lut 27k on it & it's garage kept. Could anyone offer me any advice on how to fix it without replacing the entire spoiler? Or disconnecting it so the spoiler fault will stop coming up? Honestly I leave the spoiler up 24/7 so I wouldn't mind disconnecting it to get the chime to stop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! I'm not mechanically inclined but I have a great mechanic who's a buddy to help. Thanks & I look forward to any suggestions!!
Old 08-07-2022, 08:57 PM
N8Rn8r
2nd Gear

Default Panamera Turbo spoiler failure

Hey yall, I have a 2011 Panamera turbo. After going through a touchless carwash a few months ago immediately after my spoiler stopped working & is stuck in the up position. Everytime I go above or below 60mph the "spoiler failure" indicator comes up. My mechanic told me it's a sensor failure due to water obviously. I'm seeing alot of issues with this. The car only has 37k of which I lut 27k on it & it's garage kept. Could anyone offer me any advice on how to fix it without replacing the entire spoiler? Or disconnecting it so the spoiler fault will stop coming up? Honestly I leave the spoiler up 24/7 so I wouldn't mind disconnecting it to get the chime to stop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! I'm not mechanically inclined but I have a great mechanic who's a buddy to help. Thanks & I look forward to any suggestions!!
Old 08-08-2022, 04:42 PM
Beer Brewer
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

2018 Panamera 4S here… I have few complaints about the car but the rear spoiler is an abject failure in my opinion. Despite it being garaged, I drive my car year-round through New England winters and the spoiler is rendered completely useless in freezing rain or the typical snow/freeze/thaw cycle that is de rigeur here. Unless it is kept absolutely 100% clear of all snow and ice, all the time, it will fail to go either up or down and I get the dreaded “spoiler failure” notification. Even keeping it religiously brushed off during snow storms while at work, I can depend on it failing. I’ve had it checked at the dealer many times and the only feedback I get is to “keep ice off of it.” Not likely in Massachusetts. I can’t imagine this is an uncommon problem but there seem to be no practical solutions out there, other than never driving the car in inclement weather.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:20 PM
digs
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

My spoiler on the 16 GTS is rattily and clunky when retracted , once it goes up no noise ? I now put it up to stop the sound on bumpy roads . Took me some time to figure out where the noise was coming from ?
Old 08-09-2022, 06:52 AM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

I've had an issue since purchase on mine, OPC would not cover under what little warranty I had at the time, so my trusted indy did a full strip down of the mechanism. As the motors and drive units are fully exposed, the drive units will seize up over time, which was causing mine to clunk whenever the left leaf deployed. He rebuilt and it works as intended, costing only a few hours labour , where Porsche wanted to simply replace everything at major cost. Best advice is find someone with an actual passion for fixing, as opposed to a part throwing monkey boy.

970 turbo spoiler pre stripdown

Last edited by Mr Tee; 08-09-2022 at 07:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Tee:
16PanaHybrid (08-09-2022), Jan-Åke_Klement (05-31-2024)
Old 08-09-2022, 03:34 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Bite the bullet and get it replaced. Part of the ownership experience.
Old 11-12-2022, 01:51 PM
PTL4ever
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Re: Upgrading to Turbo spoiler: With more moving parts, is it as reliable, or is it the same reliability and if we're going to have the same troubles, might as well have the larger wing? Mine's stuck in the up position and now Fall is making a job to keep the drain holes clear.
Old 03-07-2024, 02:55 PM
PanaPano
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out this thread that provides a part number for changing your spoiler motor.... Stuck spoiler on a 2013 3.0 Pan | Page 2 | PCGB Forum (porscheclubgb.com). I've ordered the part and planning on trying this on my 2014 4s with a stuck spoiler (likely due to drains being plugged)
The following 2 users liked this post by PanaPano:
Iticip (03-07-2024), Jan-Åke_Klement (05-31-2024)
Old 03-07-2024, 03:31 PM
Iticip
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PanaPano
Check out this thread that provides a part number for changing your spoiler motor.... Stuck spoiler on a 2013 3.0 Pan | Page 2 | PCGB Forum (porscheclubgb.com). I've ordered the part and planning on trying this on my 2014 4s with a stuck spoiler (likely due to drains being plugged)
Anyone have this info for 970.1 Turbo?

Last edited by Iticip; 03-07-2024 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Failure