Panamera 2010-Current

please help! Panamera won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:50 PM
hubbard316
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DogWood
could be the starter going bad or a loose/corroded ground connection - cranking slowly implies there isn't enough current flowing thru the starter.... (my 2 cents)
Originally Posted by Pana TJ
Hubbard, Something seems to be very wrong. OK, they say the problem is due to a wire melting....They want to change the wire....What is keeping the new wire from melting? Have they figured out why the wire is melting? Could something maybe happen when they did the recall? Maybe they pinched the wire and it was grounded or something. Wires just don't decide to start melting all of a sudden. I sure hope they correct the origin of the over heating. Not sure what to tell you about the converter. It is a shame you have to go through this. Good luck.
You make some very good points and valid questions which I will be asking about. You are so correct that wires don't just melt on their own. I have a feeling that when they did the recall, they didn't do something correctly. The service advisor did tell me that they had the engine completely out of the car when they did the recall. They also had to do something with the transmission cable because it was seized when they took the engine out. I'm willing to bet when they put it back in, they did not do it correctly. I will be asking all of these questions once I talk to them today though. They have put in for a good will claim to PCNA for the convertor and the wire at this point. Awaiting the response from them on this. I'll keep the updates coming.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:10 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

wires melting indicate too much current - and since it's not getting to your starter it points to a short somewhere - they could have pinched the cable in question and put a tear/hole in the sheathing

be interesting to hear the results
Old 01-29-2020, 07:10 PM
krmills1
3rd Gear

Hey @Whee6.....I have a 2011 Panamera 4S (love it!). This exact thing happened to me as well......always at home, and always in the morning.
I would jump start the car and it would fire up fine and work all day.....then not start the next morning.
-I would unlock, the seat would slide to position, etc. I would turn the key and the dash would light up with all warnings of things not working.
Called my Franchise Porsche dealership, they had no idea.
Had it towed to my local Porsche Independent and they stated it was a bad relay switch, or, 955.611.205.00.D "Switch for Starting Circuit" on my RO.
$248 for the part and $130 for the labor......the Panamera fires up and no more problems whatsoever.
*They kept the car for a few hours after installing the new relay to ensure all the other warnings that were showing with the bad switch did not appear.....they did not and car runs like a champ!!
Good Luck & hope this may help you!
Kenny
Old 01-29-2020, 07:14 PM
krmills1
3rd Gear

Hey @hubbard316 ....I have a 2011 Panamera 4S (love it!). This exact thing happened to me as well......always at home, and always in the morning.
I would jump start the car and it would fire up fine and work all day.....then not start the next morning.
-I would unlock, the seat would slide to position, etc. I would turn the key and the dash would light up with all warnings of things not working.
Had it towed to my local Porsche Independent and they stated it was a bad relay switch, or, 955.611.205.00.D "Switch for Starting Circuit" on my RO.
$248 for the part and $130 for the labor......the Panamera fires up and no more problems whatsoever.
*They kept the car for a few hours after installing the new relay to ensure all the other warnings that were showing with the bad switch did not appear.....they did not and car runs like a champ!!
Kenny
Old 01-29-2020, 07:15 PM
krmills1
3rd Gear

Hey @clorigo .....I have a 2011 Panamera 4S (love it!). This exact thing happened to me as well......always at home, and always in the morning.
Kenny
Old 06-08-2020, 05:00 PM
blepski
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

Reviving this thread:

Is it possible to permanently disable (or default to OFF) the Auto Start/Stop on a 971 Panamera for cars without the drive mode dial?

Thank you!
Old 04-09-2023, 10:54 AM
PanameraCharger
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Deleted. Wrong thread

Last edited by PanameraCharger; 04-09-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: please help! Panamera won't start