Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera GTS test drive!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Many new transmission features. Read the press release. Also sound symposium feature, a naturally aspirated engine, and ride height is lower. I do like the thrust of the TTS, just not enough to give up all the other features.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
Many new transmission features. Read the press release. Also sound symposium feature, a naturally aspirated engine, and ride height is lower. I do like the thrust of the TTS, just not enough to give up all the other features.
I know this is a personal taste thing and not going to argue, but I dont really think anyone would buy a PGTS if they were considering a PTTS. I do, however, think that the PGTS is the best buy for the buck. I also dont think anyone would buy a car based on sound, sound tuning is very easy.

BTW the ride height is only lower in comfort mode, in sport + mode they are the same and about the press release... I noticed a statement: Compared to the 4 and 4S...

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=681
Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Sound tuning was not easy for me. I have had multiple 996TT, 997TT, 996, 997 with aftermarket exhaust from Ruf, Car Graphic, Europipe, Techart, etc. I have had them all. With the aftermarket exhausts, there is always some undesirable resonance somewhere in the rev range for me. That is why now I do not buy aftermarket exhausts anymore. I used to buy Tubi and Capristo for my 360's and 430's too, but now I just stick with the stock one in the 458. It sounds perfect with no resonance. Same with the Porsches and AMG's for me now. I just stick with their factory tuned systems.
BTW, we drive in comfort suspension mode most of the time, so a lower ride height in that mode is preferred.
Most importantly, my wife sat in the GTS after driving the turbo and preferred the interior of the car. It is her car, so she can choose whatever she wants.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
Most importantly, my wife sat in the GTS after driving the turbo and preferred the interior of the car. It is her car, so she can choose whatever she wants.
WOW, what a lucky lady. My wife has absolutely no interest in my cars, in fact she kinda resents them alittle. She did suprise me one time and took my Panamera Turbo out to pick up all her friends for lunch. (I came home and it was gone, talk about panic!) I wonder if she will do that with my new GTS?

Quick Reply: Panamera GTS test drive!