Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Corner Markers Update Quick Takes

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:32 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 392 Posts
Default Panamera Corner Markers Update Quick Takes

Okay gents..went looking for Euro covers for the front end but seems they don't exist but after some searching found an interim solution. Easy to do and nice look. Here's my quick thoughts on it.

1. Look up your paint code and have it for when you order your set. Eric@bumperplugs will need it and confirm it with you. You can also look them up online too but they are on your inside hood or door jamb with your manufacture date usually.

2. OEM yellow markers are easy to remove; just read pg 278 in the Panamera manual. Use a flat head screwdriver and insert into the wheel liner acces cover and push forward and towards the cove itself. This will hit the release clip and light will pop out.

3. At this point be careful as the edges will rub against the surround and you will need a little bit of force to get it out of the bumper socket. More than likely you will nick the edge(s) on or both sides if you are not carefull pulling the OEM light out. To prevent this you can use a soft cloth on the edges to prevent this. [Note: I didn't realize this on the driver side and thus got a small 1mm rough edge on the outside edge of the bumper surround cutout where the metal clip of the light scraped the edge.

4. Once you get the light out then remember to push the clip on the light socket to release the light assembly from the wiring itself. Becareful and hold on tight to the female socket assembly as each side has varying tolerances. My driver’s side was tight with little play maybe 1/2 inches while passanger side had maybe 1.5 inches of play. A solution I came up with was to use two zipties which I put around the female light socket assemblies. This way I had something to hold them as I worked so they wouldn’t be lost into the bumper assembly by mistake and/or future use and access if needed at some point.

5. Your bulbs are clear so to prevent any light leakage I used some dark red brake caliper paint (heat rated for 5000 degrees F) that I had when I was thinking about painting my calipers. Hopefully this will prevent light leakage with the newly painted OEM covers. I let them dry about 15-20 mins and then went on to reassembly and figured heat would dry them (we’re in Texas) further as well. [Note: Afterwards she took the car to the store later that night and there was slight leakage of light around the egdes..mostly red..go figure. But not really noticable unless you are close up and know what to look for. Carbon Gray paint blends/covers it well. However in hindsight; find some black engine paint and dip a set or two of bulbs in it would be my advice.]

6. Replacement of the newly painted covers was pretty simple. Reverse of above steps. You can use the tip of flat screwdriver to help work the connected light assemblies back into their housings. Just be careful again of the metal clip edges [they will try again to nick/rub the edges again of the openings as you reverse your removal steps]. I used a soft cloth to prevent more damage and the zip ties I previously used on both sides were left in place. I just snipped them shorter and tucked in the remaining edges into the housing to allow future access.

7. OEM covers were gently pushed back into place. Snapped in snuggly. No issues.

So overall. Great look. Quick DIY upgrade. Low cost and great fitment! After a quick detail the front bumpers and car is looking great! Thanks again to Eric@bumperplugs for this and all his help. Email or PM him and he'll get a set to you and get your Panamera looking right!

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Panamera Corner Markers Update Quick Takes