Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

GTS v. Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 09:25 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was an interesting day today. I went to a local dealer and ended up trying out a few cars - 2013 Panamera GTS, Turbo, CLS 63 AMG and finally 2015 Aston Martin Vantage V12. Now I can easily rule out Turbo and CLS63. They are incredibly fast but there is no fun/drama in the driving experience.

2013 GTS was very nice, excellent balance, felt fast with the high revving engine and sound. Alacantra interior was great with red stitching.

2015 Vantage V12 was mind blowing. The V12 actually felt brutal in reality (in a great way). The car felt so special and super fast. Its priced (120s) well below my target for FF. Also, its far easier to blend in than FF.

Since this will be a 3rd vehicle - I am kinda torn now. One part of me says just get a mind blowing 2 door sports car like the Vantage, continue the search for others. Another part says balance practicality and instead get GTS/FF. I know these are all great choices and very personal.. Would be interested to hear feedback about Vantage/GTS or other choices. I haven't driven F12 partly because its outside my price range (even used ones are 250+). Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: GTS v. Turbo