Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

UK: Panamera 4 E-Hybrid - deliveries postponed to June

Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default UK: Panamera 4 E-Hybrid - deliveries postponed to June

got some bad news from my dealer today in that my new 4 e-hybrid has been delayed due to a software update requirement.

They're saying these cars will now be delivered early June but I'm unsure as to whether that is all cars from June or just the first off the line which would mean that mine wouldn't come until late June!

I don't know if this affects the US cars though as I'm based in the UK.

Any other e-hybrid purchasers receive anything on this?
Old 04-21-2017, 07:48 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default My e-Hybrid

I am in California. The last Tracking Statement I saw for me e-Hybrid indicated I have a June 16 Entry to Shop and a June 30 completion and delivery to Emden. Your delay has me concerned. I will request an updated Tracking Statement.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:26 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I am in California. The last Tracking Statement I saw for me e-Hybrid indicated I have a June 16 Entry to Shop and a June 30 completion and delivery to Emden. Your delay has me concerned. I will request an updated Tracking Statement.
it might be that as you've got a June CP8 date already your car won't be effected. My CP8 date was early may. Hopefully for you the delay doesn't have a knock on effect on later build dates.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:59 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thorfun - my e-Hybrid for intended delivery w/c 8 May has now been pushed to an estimated end June. No idea whether this is a minor issue or something more material. Have been told that end June is worst case and could only be delayed a week but for now they have no idea.

Perhaps keep each other in the loop with any new info?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by ajriches01
thorfun - my e-Hybrid for intended delivery w/c 8 May has now been pushed to an estimated end June. No idea whether this is a minor issue or something more material. Have been told that end June is worst case and could only be delayed a week but for now they have no idea.

Perhaps keep each other in the loop with any new info?
sucks doesn't it! but if it makes the car better or safer I guess I can live with it. although it's a software update so just give me my car and update the software when the new version is ready.

the notification I got was

"Due to a software update requirement for the above models please be advised that the delivery of these vehicles is now postponed until early June."

so, hopefully with everything crossed, it won't be too long a delay.

I'll definitely update this thread with news as I get it, if you could do the same that'd be great.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Thanks Thor, will do. It also is not clear whether they are building them now but leaving them at the factory to simply update the software? I wasn't able to get sports exhaust on my build so if it has not been built I may see what the options are...

Maybe they are fixing the breaking issue that a lot of the reviews talk about?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:11 AM
thorfun
Racer

Thanks Thor, will do. It also is not clear whether they are building them now but leaving them at the factory to simply update the software? I wasn't able to get sports exhaust on my build so if it has not been built I may see what the options are...

Maybe they are fixing the breaking issue that a lot of the reviews talk about?
I hope they're fixing something and not just annoying their customers for no reason.

if it's truly a software update then there shouldn't be any reason why the cars can't be built ready for the new update when it's released. at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself of.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:45 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Got a call just now saying that mine is now showing as "In Production" so is looking good for June. Will give them 10 days and chase again...

Apparently most orders are still showing as being the one stage before that which means June looking less likely. Perhaps give the dealer a call and see what they say?
Old 05-05-2017, 09:23 AM
thorfun
Racer

Got a call just now saying that mine is now showing as "In Production" so is looking good for June. Will give them 10 days and chase again...

Apparently most orders are still showing as being the one stage before that which means June looking less likely. Perhaps give the dealer a call and see what they say?
good news for you! my original delivery was only a couple of weeks after yours so fingers crossed mine'll be June too.

I'm going to give my dealer the opportunity to call me today if he has an update. if not then I'll call him Monday to see what's going on.

did they give any indication as to what the software update was supposed to fix? I doubt it but you never know.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 AM
ajriches01
Racer

I had emailed him yesterday so it was not an unsolicited call. I'd pick up the phone if I were you!

He didn't know anything more of the detail unfortunately - I did push. Ideally the answer would be that it improves the braking, they have the fix and are applying it.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 AM
thorfun
Racer

I had emailed him yesterday so it was not an unsolicited call. I'd pick up the phone if I were you!

He didn't know anything more of the detail unfortunately - I did push. Ideally the answer would be that it improves the braking, they have the fix and are applying it.
morning. i spoke to the dealer and was told that even though my car says "in production" they're still being delayed and no delivery dates are showing at the moment. he said that my car had been "in production" for ages! but it's not an indication that it's actually being built yet.

so either your guy was mistaken as to what the "in production" tag means or my guy isn't being kept in the loop or maybe no one actually has a clue what is going on.

he also had no idea what the software update was and said that he didn't think Porsche GB knew anything either and it looks like head office just isn't giving the information out.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:21 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Argh this is not good news! Basically think he was just trying to placate me...some news better than no news etc. I do believe there will be some that do not get as far as "in production" if they were not due to be part of the first wave.

May be time for a new tact...will see if I can find-out from twitter etc...(yes, I am very impatient!)
Old 05-08-2017, 06:23 AM
thorfun
Racer

Argh this is not good news! Basically think he was just trying to placate me...some news better than no news etc. I do believe there will be some that do not get as far as "in production" if they were not due to be part of the first wave.

May be time for a new tact...will see if I can find-out from twitter etc...(yes, I am very impatient!)
good man! let me know how you get on.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:03 AM
ajriches01
Racer

I mentioned what you had said and the response was:

"There are many Hybrids that are not 'in production' - scheduled for the same build month as yours. They are not physical cars yet but yours is."

My best guess is that ours have been built and things will move very quickly once the update has been applied. My concern is that they are still working on what the update is, otherwise they'd be able to give a date...Be interested to hear if anyone has been told anything with a June or July slot.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 AM
thorfun
Racer

this sounds feasible and doesn't sound too much like bs! fingers crossed it is as he says and we both get our cars soon.

it would indeed be useful to hear from anyone else with a june/july build slot.

thanks for the update.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UK: Panamera 4 E-Hybrid - deliveries postponed to June