Panamera 2010-Current

Stopping "shudder"

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
harlandoc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stopping "shudder"

New Pan 4S: I drive with the automatic engine shutoff DISABLED and still feel a slight "shudder" when I come to a complete stop whether in comfort, sport, sport plus, manual or drive. It's more exaggerated with the automatic engine shutoff activated, but I'm not referring to that. Does anyone else experience this? If so, what is happening?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that arises from the clutches slipping, since they are oil bath clutches that could just be the "drag" associated with them. I find that a reasonably hard pressure on the brake stops any shuddering in my 4S.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM
drjsuh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I feel a very slight shudder when coming to a stop too. Remember, this is actually a manual transmission in our cars not an automatic transmission. So, it has the feel of the clutch engaging and disengaging when taking off and stopping. One of my friends also complained about the hesistation when starting off the line and when I explained that it is actually a manual transmission (but actually overall much smoother!), it made much more sense to him.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 AM
toejam357
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have the shutter at all on my '11PanS, but when the HOLD function engages its quite violent. i also have the hesitation off the line, but another forum member suggested i start in 1st gear to avoid it and that works.

Quick Reply: Stopping "shudder"