Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

997.1 TT vs PTT comparison of handling in the snow

Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 AM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 TT vs PTT comparison of handling in the snow

SO we have had cold, icy, snow weather here for a few days and I have had the chance to try the PTT in horrible wether conditions. The picture below describes it although an older picture.

I must say the car handles beutifully and is very stable with 20 inch sottozeros. Contrary to the dry there is not so much difference in snow handling with normal vs sport plus mode. The car slides a little, but never gets out of shape and I think there is more understeer than I would expect. I correct that, it feels maybe motre like being in balance all the time, you can really steer it with the throttle, but when it is starting to get out of shape, it understeers. I love to drive it even in these conditions.

I had to drive the 997.1 TT from time to time in these wintery conditions. The back end was heavy and even with dsc on you could get the cars back to slide and make a 180. It was sliding sideways in roundabouts and I was a regular snow plow on the roads here as there seem to be fewer and fewer real snowplows actually working. The unplowed roads also harden as they freeze and feel like you were driving in a field. It was not nice.

So loving the PTT more and more. I dont think I will be going back to RWD or 911 very soon. This is a true allrounder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997.1 TT vs PTT comparison of handling in the snow