Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Panamera Turbo is Value Champion 2012

http://<br /> <br /> http://www.po...&id=2011-12-09

Porsche Panamera Turbo is Value Champion 2012
Auto Bild and Schwacke select car with best value retention

Stuttgart. The Porsche Panamera Turbo is the car that holds its value best in its class. The vehicle’s residual value after four years was still 56 per cent of the original price, as jointly calculated by Auto Bild and Schwacke. That makes the Gran Turismo the winner of the “Value Champion 2012” title for the lowest percentage depreciation in the luxury class.
“Porsche-badged cars inherently hold their value – especially in the long run”, said Dr. Gernot Döllner, Manager of the Panamera model line, at the prize giving in Berlin on Thursday evening. “For example, approximately 70 per cent of all the Porsches ever made are still on the road, yet further evidence of our models’ ability to hold their value. This accolade further bolsters our vehicles’ value retention.”
The prospective residual value is behind many of the calculations for financing and leasing offers and the purchase decision when it comes to company cars and rental car fleets. It also provides a snapshot of the second hand car market in general. The data on which the selection of the Value Champion 2012 was based were calculated by Schwacke’s experts.
With its 4.8-litre V8-biturbo engine, the Porsche Panamera Turbo develops a rated output of 500 hp, sprints from a standing start to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 303 km/h.
GO

12/9/2011
Old 01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Germany and I was actually pretty surprised about that. No doubt, the Panamera Turbo is a great product but the Panamera is just too new to get an accurate estimate on how good it is going to hold it's value on a longterm run. As soon as the first leased Panamera will be returned to the lease companies later this year, usually after the typical lease period of three years (Panamera was introduced 2009), we will actually get an idea on how good the resale value will be.
I have my doubts, especially regarding Europe, the Panamera has a huge visual "presence" on the street over here and I'm not sure all people like that. Cars like the new 5 series are not much smaller but they just look smaller and fit better into the current social environment in Europe.
I actually think that the Panamera Diesel will hold the best resale value in Europe, this model is in very high demand in Germany for example. The Turbo is a different story, if the oil prices and thus fuel prices go up, the Turbo is "done" in Europe.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 AM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Schwackelist is a huge used and new car price database. The prize is given I think based on a calculatory estimation. You can get a price really accurately even up to a specific accessory. The first turbo is posted to have come 2/2009.

Try it here:

http://wli-de.eurotax.com/wli/dede/w...3D0E8618658A2B

Panamera:

http://wli-de.eurotax.com/wli/dede/w...06EDCAF80CA379
Old 01-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each time I tried to sell a used car in the past, the dealer(s) gave a sh.t about the Schwacke Liste. They looked on mobile.de and calculated their estimated sales price (for them) based on the offers on mobile.de.
Example: My former Cayenne Turbo S, new price 142k EUR, was worth 81k EUR according to Schwacke(I even paid for the estimate). I got 54k for the truck and only because I leased a new car from another dealer. The best private (!) offer was 38k EUR. Forget about Schwacke. Right now, the Panamera Turbo is just too young for estimates but latest this summer, a bunch of used Panamera Turbo will hit dealers because their lease ends (the "usual" three year lease over here). Then we'll be able to make a more accurate estimate regarding resale value, which of course also varies from country to country. Let the fuel prices in Germany go up and let a recession come and there will be tons of used Panamera Turbos available for little money. I know my people, only the Diesel may hold it's value to some point. This is why I didn't buy my Panamera Turbo S, I leased it. After the four years lease period, I just return the car and couldn't care less what happens with it (mileage lease and very good lease conditions).

Quick Reply: Porsche Panamera Turbo is Value Champion 2012