Panamera 2010-Current

2013 Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS: I say the above with such passion because I'd feel the exact same way -- and probably more mad -- if anyone said something like that about my own car, as I'm sure you would be if they said (and one did -- but you kind of asked for it) your car was fugly. Get a clue, get a life, and move to a forum more suitable for your banter. It's just plain rude.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by watt
Beauty is subjective your poor manners are not.
Dang it. Someone always says it more tactfully than I do. That was spot on and I hope he learns from it. One can only hope.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:45 PM
calexand
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
Alpineace . . . I ask this in the most earnest way I know how . . . if you hate the Panamera so much, what the HELL are you doing on the Panamera forum?!? Plus, I see in your siggy that you have a car for sale. You are not doing yourself any favors by (a) hanging out in a forum of folks that like the Panamera, and (b) pissing off what could be a potential buyer. I'd never buy a car from someone who was so rude, just out of principle. You've already said a bunch of times how you dislike the Panamera car. Fine. Move on and leave these nice folks alone, will ya?
Very eloquently said, Bonster. Thank you. And that doesn't even mention insulting where people live.

Chip

Last edited by calexand; 10-29-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The topic was the reported fascia changes to the Pan consistent with the new 911 (991) front end and rear lights/bumper. Too bad the comments on the post devolved.

FWIW, I will wait to see what the changes look like before moving to the Panamera, although there are more very good deals on CPO'd Pan turbos starting to appear. They could get even better when the facelift models are available.

As for P car looks, they have always been edgy and distinctive and most certainly not for everyone, but that is part of the beauty, isn't it?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

ive been looking carefully at al the panemeras in my offcie garage. i think its quite decent looking, especially in silver.

if one could consider it objectively, and ignore the 40 years of 911 --- its actually a pretty cohesive design. the weakest point is rear quarter view for me.

and boyz, if you actually consider 911s objectively -- they're pretty funny looking, and having owned 39 of them, im pretty familiar with the transitions over the years. it all depends on your frame of reference....

for long high speed runs like i make
malibu, okanagon valley
malibu to jackson

i ran out of space last year in the turbo S cab, for just me and one Labrador.

i'm looking forward to 26.4 gallons of fuel and a bit more space.

if you log in at rennteam, you can see a thread "update on turbo S life" recounting one of my trips, full up front luggage and every inch inside.

this link wont work unless you log in

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/board/...age1.html?vs=0

but look under turbo, last entry 9/7/11

Last edited by Sun Ra; 03-29-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Facelift