Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera Chassis Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM
SwePanamera
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm coming over from another forum and have encountered a similar problem. Cars rear dampers are stuck on very high setting and also sport, sportplus and PASM buttons are non-functioning. They've replaced the compressor (installed new one) and some sort of vent coupled to the suspension system @service center but the car won't calibrate itself as it should do. It's STILL stuck on the high-setting for the rear wheels. Service center has now sent a request to Porsche germany to get more input on how to solve this.

Anyone else experienced the same lately? ideas or advice are welcome.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SwePanamera
Hey guys, I'm coming over from another forum and have encountered a similar problem. Cars rear dampers are stuck on very high setting and also sport, sportplus and PASM buttons are non-functioning. They've replaced the compressor (installed new one) and some sort of vent coupled to the suspension system @service center but the car won't calibrate itself as it should do. It's STILL stuck on the high-setting for the rear wheels. Service center has now sent a request to Porsche germany to get more input on how to solve this.

I have the same problem on my second Pan. Sport, sport plus buttons have not worked since purchase. It's one of many problems that sent the car back to the dealer in March (where it still remains). The other issues with the car have overshadowed that problem however so I can't be much help with a solution. I think in my car it is due to a fault in a control unit. Please post an update if they get yours figured out.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:49 PM
SwePanamera
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by PV=nRT
I have the same problem on my second Pan. Sport, sport plus buttons have not worked since purchase. It's one of many problems that sent the car back to the dealer in March (where it still remains). The other issues with the car have overshadowed that problem however so I can't be much help with a solution. I think in my car it is due to a fault in a control unit. Please post an update if they get yours figured out.
Damn, your cars been at the dealer since March? . Mine has been there for two weeks now mostly due to the service center ordering and waiting for the compressor. I sure hope it doesn't take 2-3 months to fix this. There are no other issues with my car other than that and it's not a new car either (24.500miles), has worked fine and also did a 111-point check in prep for Porsche Approved when I purchased the car in april this year that went well without any remarks.

I'll make sure to post an update, the guys at the service center are now in contact with Porsche germany so they should get an answer by early next week on what the problem could be. What other problems does your car have? is it a Panamera Turbo? new from factory?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:27 AM
rajivkarani
1st Gear

Hi all I am fairly new to these forums, Had my Panamera s from new been struggling not only with Oil level issues having to refill at approx. 1600kms , last week for the second time in 2 years had an engine cooling systems failure and this morning the darn suspension chassis failure in red comes on !!!
Are the rest of the problems fairly common, or is it time to let this baby go back to be sold !!
ugghhhhhhhhhh

Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I think it's normal for these cars to consume oil. I know mine did.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Second defective Panamera just repurchased by dealer.

Originally Posted by PV=nRT
Well it went to the shop in March, finally got the 4,300 lb POS repurchased by the dealer this past Friday. I bought a Lotus Evora S and have been getting treated courteously by dealer and service dept.. The car is a blast to drive and surprisingly comfortable.

What a change. Porsche can keep their god complex and stick it. I would rather put my money with a car company that appreciates and values it's customer and doesn't build lemons by the bushel.

Want to see why a customer revolt agaisnt Porsche is building? Read the 997 forum thread "My poor car", 70,000 plus views in the last 2 months. I love the Porsche community, but Porsche is out of touch and has lost any resemblance of quality control.
The following users liked this post:
Jan-Åke_Klement (06-15-2024)
Old 11-28-2022, 10:38 PM
14970tt
6th Gear

Default How do you tow, or even jack up a Panamera with front-end air suspension failure??

I have a 2014 Panamera Turbo that is sitting in my driveway with the front end touching the ground (and toward my house), much like the picture in the post I'm replying to. I've had the AAA master mechanic come and say "nope, not gonna touch it", as well as another very large, well-known towing company in the area... I'm wondering how your tow truck guy got your car on the flat bed without ripping off the front bumper??

Also, I'm not sure if I can even get the on-board Panamera jack in place to jack it up in order to get a mobile mechanic to come look at it...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 11-29-2022, 04:52 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

The frequency of Panamera air suspension issues surprises me. My 150k mile, 20 year old VW Touareg, which I imagine uses similar components, has never had an issue with the air suspension.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:25 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 255 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by amphicar770
The frequency of Panamera air suspension issues surprises me. My 150k mile, 20 year old VW Touareg, which I imagine uses similar components, has never had an issue with the air suspension.
My hypothesis about this and many other Porsche issues (IMS, lifters, air box blowback, etc.) is that the community is so much more engaged, due to the cost of repairs and general love of the brand, that the awareness is simply much higher. It is possible there are a number of Toureg failures, you just have never heard of them.

Last edited by orca15; 11-30-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:01 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Originally Posted by orca15
My hypothesis about this and many other Porsche issues (IMS, lifters, air box blowback, etc.) is that the community is so much more engaged, due to the cost of repairs and general love of the brand, that the awareness is simply much higher. It is possible there are a number of Toureg failures, you just have never heard of them.
Clubtouareg.com has been a very active site for years.

The Touareg does have its issues and the air suspensions do fail. Rarely does it happen at 60k which seems not uncommon on the Panamera. Of course, while they are essentially the same parts, the Porsche tax is even higher than the VW tax.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:49 AM
Ruderob
Intermediate

My 970 TT had the dreaded Chassis Failure last Winter and I scraped the internet for anything to try and resolve this potential expensive repair. I must have tried 10 things before finding a thread on doing a computer reset by disconnecting the battery. I am happy to report the fix worked and I have not had any errors since. If I remember correctly, cold weather and infrequent use were cited in the thread as contributing factors to this problem. I hope others will be equally fortunate in finding a solution.

Old 01-01-2023, 03:43 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Glad you were able to fix without a trip to the stealer.

Last edited by amphicar770; 01-01-2023 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:45 AM
BLatham62
3rd Gear

I haven’t been driving mine much lately (less than monthly) and we had a cold snap here in the Texas Hill Country down to almost single digits, and I went to simply move it and wondered why it was so low to the ground. Gonna try the battery reset this week and see if that works.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:55 PM
BLatham62
3rd Gear

Sure enough. Acted a little strange, after reconnect, using the ride height button still got the “Not Available” message, but after coaxing the trunk lid closed (it seemed confused, having been open when I disconnected the battery), and cycling the engine on and off a few times, everything was back to normal.
Old 05-14-2023, 08:27 PM
labibelectronic
AutoX

hi,

I hope it's helpful

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...84205-0699.pdf

Quick Reply: Panamera Chassis Failure