Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Dealer/broker of a new Panamera 4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011 | 02:52 PM
Chris 911
Advanced

Default Dealer/broker of a new Panamera 4S

Hi guys,
I am helping a friend who wants to buy a Panamera 4S in the US for export to Europe. It might not seem to be a good idea to re-export the car to Europe, but the prices are so much lower in the US that there is actually quite a lot to save when buying the car in the US.

I am therefor looking for a "broker" or someone who could help buying the car for re-export to Europe. My friend whish to buy the car by spec (customized), and not one "on the lot" (although she might not have that choice)

Are there any discounts to be had on the brand new cars bought to spec?

Any experience on brokers, or names of anyone we could contact on this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Chris
Old 01-27-2011 | 05:55 AM
phonetics
Advanced

sounds like a scam
Old 01-27-2011 | 03:32 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^Why?

With the weakness of the dollar and high cost of these cars in Europe it's advantageous to buy the car here and export it. Problem is; if you buy a new one and export it, the selling dealer will be in trouble with PCNA/PAG if they find out....... Used is different story. I sold a Cayenne GTS to a broker in NYC who had a client in Russia. Sorry to the OP, I don't have his contact info any longer.
Old 01-27-2011 | 03:35 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Warranty issues?
Old 01-27-2011 | 10:19 PM
Vilhuer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Try http://www.buxtonmotorsports.com. At least years ago they were very flexible and willing to make non conventional deals.
Old 01-27-2011 | 11:01 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

why would you want a US spec car for Europe? Less power more weight, tons of garbage stuffed into the car that is not needed...
Old 01-28-2011 | 02:07 PM
Chris 911
Advanced

Well, no it is not a scam, but like mentioned, the currency difference and general pricing makes it a far better deal. This car will go to Switzerland where my friend lives, but I could only wish for the same kind of opportunity of pricing in Norway. Here a base Panamera 4 starts at 300.000 USD.

Weight/Power? As far as I have seen, there should be no difference in specification of weight/power between the US /ROW models? What we do know is that you have different bumbers (easy to change) and indicators (also easy to change), so the total cost of "converting" a US model to a European model, including km/h speedometer is approximately 1500 Euros.

Warranty issues. With normal imports of second hand US models, there has been no warranty issues, so this should be ok.

Does anyone know what discounts could be expected from the regular retail price of a "bought to spec" model? See that quite good discounts could be had on the "on the lot" models.

Thank you for the replies that have been made, I will contact Buxton to see what they say.

Chris
Old 01-28-2011 | 10:47 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Just a heads up. Panameras here are the same as ROW. No different.

Quick Reply: Dealer/broker of a new Panamera 4S