Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Warning message

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:15 AM
phonetics
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning message

what does 'Start/Stop Deactivated' mean when it shows on one of the console screens?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
jmm
Advanced

My Panamera is a 2010, about a year old, which makes it a fairly early production model. One of the updates was a firmware reprogramming of the transmission. Shortly after this update, the check engine light came on. The dealer diagnosed that the thermostat was sending the wrong signal to the central computer. This was because the updated transmission software expected a different thermostat and the old one needed to be replaced, not because it was sticking (it wasn't), but because it was not communicating properly. They couldn't clear the check engine light and they had to order the thermostat during the holiday times in Germany. While I was driving around with the check engine light on I got the same start/stop warning you mention. The dealership said it was the same problem and that it would be fixed with the new thermostat. The start/stop warning was intermittent over the next week. When the thermostat came in and was replaced, both the check engine light and the start/stop warning went away.

Obviously these cars are evolving and they are more complicated than the owners' manuals and advertising brochures mention.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
emayer
Intermediate

My understanding is that it is supposed to be deactivated until the CATs have warmed up perhaps tying in therefore to the aforementioned thermostat issue.

Quick Reply: Warning message