Panamera 2010-Current

Towing with Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Technovc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing with Panamera?

Perhaps this has been addressed but I couldn't find it via search. Is there an official tow rating for the Panamera? Has anyone tried it? Is it easy to add a receiver hitch?

Thanks.

Last edited by Technovc; 01-05-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

according to MotorTrend it can tow 4850 lbs! although I couldn't find the factory option on the porsche website. maybe its only available in europe?

"Porsche offers a roof rack and a trailer hitch (as it did for the 928) as factory options. For the record, the Panamera is rated to tow a 4850 lb braked trailer or a 1654 lb unbraked trailer. Try that with your Ferrari..."

http://motortrend.automotive.com/111...iew/index.html
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Technovc
Advanced

Yeah in Europe they have a very cool swing out ball hitch. My dealer says PCNA will not sell it, even via Exclusive.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 AM
mt-sfo
Instructor

phew! I was starting to regret ordering a Cayenne when I couldda gone for a Panny!
The following users liked this post:
ralonso (09-19-2022)
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

carnewal.com?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM
zgdanska
Intermediate

Arrow

http://[IMG]http://www.gtspirit.com/....jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM
awryexperiment
Intermediate

I'm sure you could tow with just about any car..... but WHY on earth would you want to put that stress and wear on a Panny frame/suspension/brakes/etc? Panamera's aren't designed to be "pack-mules".

I have a porsche for speed and handling.... I also have a Ford F250 for towing and hauling. Each is the king of its intended use, but I don't take the Ford to the track and I don't haul a trailer with my Porsche.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:45 PM
zgdanska
Intermediate

i have a jetski. it would be cool to take my kids to the water on the weekend. You can order hitch in Europe so why not here. also in the spec it shows huge towing capacity.
Name:  2010_porsche_panamera_tow_hitch-500x315.jpg
Views: 15016
Size:  22.2 KB
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
zgdanska
Intermediate

this would be a good tool to have in chicago to protect my bumper ;-)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
zgdanska
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zgdanska
this would be a good tool to have in chicago to protect my bumper ;-)
great idea !
Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm in the market for a new to me (ie used) daily driver and have considered a Panamera over an SUV. With the hatch I can fit a lot of stuff and with a hitch, it would be a perfect vehicle.
So, have anybody tried these guys?? I called them and they have sold about a dozen here in the US for the Panamera. This hitch disappear when not in use and it is a complete bolt on kit.

http://execuhitch.com/tow-hitches/po...ayenne-10.html
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by awryexperiment
I'm sure you could tow with just about any car..... but WHY on earth would you want to put that stress and wear on a Panny frame/suspension/brakes/etc? Panamera's aren't designed to be "pack-mules".
It's a 4-door hatchback, also known as a "station wagon" - which is by design, a pack mule.

Originally Posted by awryexperiment
I have a porsche for speed and handling.... I also have a Ford F250 for towing and hauling. Each is the king of its intended use, but I don't take the Ford to the track and I don't haul a trailer with my Porsche.
There is a huge difference between low load towing at the rated weight for a Panamera and what your F250 is capable of.

I don't see anyone here suggesting a Panamera is the preferred vehicle to haul lumber and excavation equipment for building an office building.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:04 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Towing w Panamera

Why on earth would I want to tow with a Panamera?

My wife. Currently I have an SUV and an E92 M3. We have a three car garage and zero other space for other toys. If I can combine the SUV & M3 then BOOM! I can get an aluminum trailer and ATVs and go-karts and maybe one day a spec Miata.

Those crazy Europeans are towing up to 5000 lb braked trailers (as per Porsche design) with their Panaeras. I'm willing to get a second bumper cover to hack up & fit a 2" receiver. Also I'm willing to set aside a few thousand $ to replace the DCT parts that may wear prematurely. (looking to get an out-of-warranty "previously-enjoyed" Panamera 4S or Turbo). Funding this set-aside will be the savings from the depreciation and insurance costs of a second vehicle.

Am I nuts?
Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 PM
Scott Seabaugh
2nd Gear

Default Don't tow yet...

I'd like to pull my boat with a Panamera. I want to get back to having only one vehicle again. I want a comfortable car for 97% of my driving and still be able to pull my ski boat. I've lived in Europe. Pickup trucks are almost nonexistent. My boat and trailer weigh 3550 lbs with fuel and gear. A turbo Panamera should pull it easily, and the All Wheel Drive will be beautiful on wet boat ramps. There is still one big problem... and that's tongue weight. Between 9 and 15 percent of the trailer weight must rest on the hitch... otherwise you are at great risk of losing control via fishtailing. That means I need a minimum of 319.5 lbs on the back of the Panamera. I cannot for the life of me find tongue weight numbers for it. I went to the dealer and they tried to tell me that any towing numbers would not have come from Porsche... for liability reasons. I haven't verified that yet. So, a Panamera may be able to tow 4850 lbs, but it would have to handle a MINIMUM of 436.5 lbs tongue weight.
The following users liked this post:
mowhawk (07-12-2020)
Old 01-29-2018, 09:59 AM
smcase22
1st Gear

Default Towin'

I too would like to only have one car for all events. Thus, one of the reasons I bought a Panamera. I too worry that Porsche has not released this info, and thus, is worried about folks towing with a Panamera. BUT! Watch this video. Best I can tell, it was done by Porsche. Also, any other input or ideas would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Towing with Panamera?