Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Need some advise on Panamera V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Clint Eastwood
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same experience as the original poster. i looked at bmw, mercedes, etc. but after driving this and then sitting in the mercedes, it was a no brainer. the mercedes seems pedestrian by comparison. and this from someone who is turning in a toyota! i have always wanted a porsche, but could never justify the money as a father of 2 until now.

so i just placed my order for a 2011 panamera. i opted for the bose package, 19'turbo wheels with painted crest, ventilated/heated front seats, servotronic, dimming mirrors, walnut wood and wheel.

i debated over the 14 way seat because i love the thigh support and lumbar, but cant justify for the price. had to keep cost down somewhere.

here are my questions:
1. i think i can cut $500 by removing the xm radio and just going bose upgrade without package. i never use xm and wont be paying for the service. its actually a $1000 savings over the loan due to not paying $10/month for xm
2. want backup camera, but felt i could cut.
3. people seem to be loving the air suspension. its pricey, why do you love it?
4. my dealer said they dont build a car without servotronic and porsche has confirmed that it is soon to be a standard feature later in the year.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:25 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the backup camera is a necessity( try parallel parking without it) because of the limited rear vision...that is unless you intend to never back up. The air suspension simply gives the car it's Jekyll and Hyde personality, when you shift from comfort to sport, It's character changes so that you can please the wife and passengers with a smoother ride and please yourself an aggressive handling style.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 PM
lhd7
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP - what was the outcome and are you happy - am seriously looking at coming out of an Audi as a DD and A8/ P4 are the shortlist - love the inside of both; Audi looks kind of boring and the Panamera is going to take some getting used to but, as others have said, can't see the outside while driving and the inside is just magic
Old 02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Gaucho
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I did get a 2011 V6. See my post Porsche-ahh! There are two posting on this thread. Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
200mph
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason M
1. The park assist/back-up camera is a must. It is hard to see out of the back of this car.
2. 19" wheels look much better than 18." I have both, using the 18s for winter.
3. Sport Chrono is cool, but to be honest it rarely gets used. When I head for the hills, I take something sportier.
4. The ventilated seats are awesome. My wife hates to be cold, and I hate to be hot. The ventilated seats allow me to be comfortable while I defer to her climate control wishes.
Agree with the above 100%, especially #1.

Our dealer insisted I drive a V8 and V6 back to back before deciding, and that was very sage advice.

The V6 returned 4-6 mpg better at level steady cruise on the highway (low 30's), and was about 2-4 mpg worse in medium traffic.

V8 power delivery was very smooth and the shift points kept the engine in the torque band. V6 needed much more accel pedal in traffic and the 1-2 shift wasn't at all smooth.

We bought the V8, and I would recommend it UNLESS a very high percentage of your your driving is on the interstate.

Quick Reply: Need some advise on Panamera V6