Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera spare tire issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Don't car manufacture knows that lots of flats are caused by potholes which fix a flat does not work. Make it optional if it's a cost issue. Lot of road needs repair where I'm at and I hope Porsche agrees and the next Panamera is offered with one.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:51 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jeff
With an electric jack, but little room for anything else...
I plan to buy a new front wheel and tire for my forthcoming Pan4 E-Hybrid, to be used for long trips only. Since I won't be having people sitting in the back seat, they can be put down for plenty of storage space for luggage. I'm told that a front wheel/tire can be used in emergency on the rear as well, to get me to a place to get a new tire; not sure the maximum distance recommended, though, if I'm in the middle of Yellowstone National Park, for example, when my rear tire blows out... Anybody know?
Old 10-04-2018, 01:54 PM
groningen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff
Talked to Suncoast parts and they have a 97036207000 spare wheel just for 20 inch ceramic application
Old 10-12-2018, 05:09 PM
kapetac
1st Gear

I bought a used rim/tire from ebay and keep it the trunk.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:19 PM
mgreco4343
1st Gear

Default Get a spare!!!

I have a 2020 Panamera 4. Unfortunately like an idiot I chose 21 inch wheels which are impossible to find. My car is currently at the dealer and I’m getting it back tomorrow but it took them one week to get the tire. I had a large screw in it I was able to repair it with a rubber plug but I was hoping it would last until they got the tires in but unfortunately I had to repair it twice and after the second time I believe the hole became too large and I pretty much almost immediately lost all of the air from it while I was driving down the road. The Porsche roadside assistance that I called the estimated time of arrival was about 2 1/2 hours for a tow truck and I was not out in a rural area. The sheriffs deputy ended up pulling up behind me on the side of the highway and said that he’d be able to get someone out quicker which he did in about 20 minutes but the tow truck driver said that the reason they’re taking so long to get someone initially to except the job to come out is nobody wanted to tow a Porsche with a flat tire because the car sits low to the ground and they were afraid of causing damage when putting it on the flatbed although it went on the flatbed totally fine without any issue. I have to say that this has been my most horrendous experience with a car and it is just not worth it to go through it again. And then had to get a rental car because the dealer did not have any loaners. I just had both of the rear tires replaced and I just told the dealer to replace both of the front ones not just the flat. $1200 for two tires. I’ve learned my lesson and I know in the future I’m never going with some oddball tire size again. Absolutely no otherTire place in This region of the state had the tires in stock. As soon as they looked at the kind of tire that it was the reaction from every place I went to was the same basically “yeah this isn’t gonna happen”. I’m a little About some of the spare tire kits I see for a Panamera is there seems to be a lot of restrictions about which ones can go on what type of car and with what type of brakes. I’m really contemplating just buying an actual full size front tire And putting it in the trunk even though there won’t be room for anything else. My only issue is is I don’t know if changing the tire on a Panamera is a simple as changing a tire on any other car considering via pressure sensor and God knows what other crazy electronics are probably involved in it. So moral of the story is… don’t get crazy size tires! But considering my car is barely 2 years old and not close to being paid off it’s just something that I’m going to have to deal with for the time being.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

After a $950 single tire blow out on my Panamera GTS, I decided to sell it with only 22k miles on it. Overalls, the Panamera was a bit too much for me. I now have a Taycan, which is far better for me. It is fitted with 19” wheels. I purchased a spare from https://ezsparewheel.com/ and equipped the car with an electric jack and tools. The spare takes up half or more of the trunk, the jack and tools use about a third of the frunk. The concept of a spare and necessary equipment provides some security and peace of mind on a road trip. Around town I often leave the spare in the garage.
see my previous posts in this thread….

19” factory wheels before and after refinishing with matching gentian blue highlights.

Some of the documentation from ezspare

Last edited by 911Jeff; 11-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:22 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jeff
After a $950 single tire blow out on my Panamera GTS, I decided to sell it with only 22k miles on it. Overalls, the Panamera was a bit too much for me. I now have a Taycan, which is far better for me. It is fitted with 19” wheels. I purchased a spare from https://ezsparewheel.com/ and equipped the car with an electric jack and tools. The spare takes up half or more of the trunk, the jack and tools use about a third of the frunk. The concept of a spare and necessary equipment provides some security and peace of mind on a road trip. Around town I often leave the spare in the garage.
see my previous posts in this thread….

19” factory wheels before and after refinishing with matching gentian blue highlights.

Some of the documentation from ezspare
I did get a spare wheel/tire (front) for road trips with my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo. But of course, in thousands of miles of road trips, I lugged that big thing with me and never needed it, and yes it does take up a lot of room in a Panamera (or Taycan). I'm planning for a Taycan Cross Turismo 4, and again (as with my Panamera) I will get 19-inch wheels and have a full-size spare for long road trips (otherwise it'll sit in the garage, which is most of the time). At least there'll be some more room in the CT (vs. the hatchback sedan). My decision will be whether to get the standard summer tires and then buy the full set of four winter tires/wheels for $4k USD at time of purchase (and use one of the front tires not on the car for a spare), or to get all-season tires and buy a single 19-inch front wheel for a spare... My dealer charged me a hefty (ca.) $2400 for a single wheel/tire back in 2018 for the Panamera to use as my spare, which is crazy.

Last edited by cometguy; 11-10-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:20 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

I posted this a while back.

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...ternative.html

Quick Reply: Panamera spare tire issue