Panamera 2010-Current

2010 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 02:17 PM
mmcmilla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Panamera Turbo

I've owned my Panamera Turbo now for 2 weeks and I've put 1,000 miles it. I have an 04 911 TT that I bought new; I've driven it most every day, and it has 85k miles on it.

I was intrigued by the Panamera for a long time, and test drove in in Carmel, CA last August when Porsche was here for the annual car shows. Drove the 4S and thought it was amazing. (I got to test drive it on the same twisty roads that I take on my 911 TT.)

Wasn't sure I liked the rear end styling of the Panamera, like so many have expressed, but it does look better in person. And about 4 weeks ago, my dealer told me they had a Turbo that was ordered for a customer who became suddenly unreachable when the car arrived.

Carbon gray metallic with beige interior. Very good looking combo, and I'm not sure I would have ordered it myself, but very happy with it. Many options on the $163k sticker, with carbon brakes the only significant option lacking (which was fine by me).

I would not have bought as heavily optioned a car, but since it was there, I got all the goodies, and everything is wonderful. Bermester. PDCC. ACC. Sports Chrono. 4-Zone A/C. Front/rear cameras. Sports seats.

My layman's take on the car: It's terrific!. Drives unbelievably well. Very, very fast. All the amenities. Hugs as well as, or better, than my 911 TT. Super comfortable. Huge back seats. Roomy trunk/rear hatch. Everyone loves it. Everyone looks at it. (Usually, kids most often gawk at the 911. But everyone looks at the Panamera.) The biggest negative is poor visibility out the rear, which has been mentioned before. But after 2 weeks, I find I am already getting used to and comfortable with the visibility. Plus, I have the f/r camera option.

And I'm keeping my 911 TT. It's not worth very much to anyone but me. And since it's so vastly different from the Panamera, it makes sense to keep.

I'll post pictures later.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:56 PM
jmm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the front/rear cameras?
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is the rear camera. Look carefully as you pull forward the rear camera stays on for a period of time. I think it is distance but it does look back for a while.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

congrats! where's the pics??????
Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats . Really nice drive !

Quick Reply: 2010 Panamera Turbo