Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Does anybody not hate the Panamera styling?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:33 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nice! I love those wheels! Congrats again!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:14 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After a couple days.... I love thos car. It is 100% of what I wanted in a sedan. It is just my wife and me with 2 dogs. THe hatch back enables us to take the dogs with the seats up or down. The car in sprot plus carves better than any sedan I can imagine. The inside is perfect! No friggin I drive.

Not a GT3 but I have to say I was board with the GT3 as a DD. Having s car built- track only-- SCCA so I will get my speed on with rubbing paint next season.

I am going to drive to Monterey- LA- Seattle later in the month. I am looking forward to the trip.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:03 AM
phonetics
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only drawback is the car is just too nice and i don't want to take my dog in it yet... this is just the best sedan one could get with this price... i wouldnt be surprised if it's priced similar to bentley flying spur or rapide.. and it will still sell well... all the premium paid for those 'hand-made' cars just go directly to the brand and nothing else.. it's simply stupid...
Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 PM
michel944
Pro

I was discussing that with my 72 years old father a couple days ago ! From the 70's up he owned a 914 2.0, a 924, 2 - 944's and a 928 S4. He never liked any air cooled 911...But he told me that for him the Panamera was gorgeous and was the 4 door 928 that never was ! That makes sense...As for me I'm still like 50/50 with the looks, it's growing on me though !
Old 05-30-2010, 05:21 PM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 962 Likes on 415 Posts

From a style and appearance viewpoint, I've found the car looks much better in person than in pics. I think I also discovered why...

In pics - especially side-view pics - the angle of photography is always quite low. This angle emphasizes the roofline just above the C-pillar. That exact area is the source of an awkward design line to my eyes. The roofline needs to begin its slope downward sooner than it does. It makes the rear quarter appear too heavy or thick.

I've read a number of times that the extended high roofline was required to accommodate back seat passengers in comfort.

However, in person, the view angle of the human eye is quite a few inches higher than the camera angle of most pics. From the higher view angle of the human eye (the car is quite low for a 4-door), that roofline is not nearly as prominent and noticeable.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bigs
From a style and appearance viewpoint, I've found the car looks much better in person than in pics. I think I also discovered why...

In pics - especially side-view pics - the angle of photography is always quite low. This angle emphasizes the roofline just above the C-pillar. That exact area is the source of an awkward design line to my eyes. The roofline needs to begin its slope downward sooner than it does. It makes the rear quarter appear too heavy or thick.

I've read a number of times that the extended high roofline was required to accommodate back seat passengers in comfort.

However, in person, the view angle of the human eye is quite a few inches higher than the camera angle of most pics. From the higher view angle of the human eye (the car is quite low for a 4-door), that roofline is not nearly as prominent and noticeable.
I think you are 100% correct.

I picked up my BB/B with CF Turbo today, I alos think the black is very flattering too.
I was getting some serious looks on the way home from the dealer.
God I love that new Porsche leather smell!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by italiafan
I think you are 100% correct.

I picked up my BB/B with CF Turbo today, I alos think the black is very flattering too.
I was getting some serious looks on the way home from the dealer.
God I love that new Porsche leather smell!
Congrats on getting the car. Perfect Pittsburgh Steelers colors!!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 AM
jjrho
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pan look

well, so far, the white pan S with turbo II 20" rims have been drawing quite an attention where ever we drive it...very rare to see another one, although we saw 2 others at the Santa Barbara 4 Seasons last month...
the car looks much better in person....i agree....most of all, it drives so damn nice that i'm leaving the 996 TT in the garage and driving her car more...

james R
loma linda, CA
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Wdenninger
Track Day

I've now seen a couple in person and think they are very sharp, as does my wife! I'll be ordering a 4S soon...
Old 06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
tkids
Pro

I like the look of my P4S and it seems many other passer byers like it too. This morning at the airport 5 am, this guy was honking his horn and yelled "HOT" out the window as he drove by me at the drop-off terminal. Everyday it is something, a nodded from others, housewife with family in car mouthing "Cool Car". I am actually amazed as I thought it would be a less high profile car in carbon grey.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
kcturbo
Advanced

My Panamera Turbo has garnered far more attention and received far more comments than my 997 TT Cab. I leave the spoiler up all the time on the Panamera and it seems to visually improve the lines of the rear of the car. I love my Panamera.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default pan

Does not seem to be anybody here that owns one that does not love the car.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Why would we buy a car we did not like? We did buy a car that others do not like but I for one could not care less.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I would agree... it's a remarkable car and who cares what other people think. It's a personal choice.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
I too like it, as to whether or not one is in the offing is another question all togehter but not out of the question. Then again... I never thought I'd buy a Cayenne either and love it.
The new Cayenne drives A LOT like the Panamera...and,as you know, it's very similar inside...

Quick Reply: Does anybody not hate the Panamera styling?