Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

anyone trading cayenne's for Panamera's?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone trading cayenne's for Panamera's?

i think i am trading my GTS for a Cayenne - anyone else looking at trading out?

the P4S has much better access to the loading of the rear hatch as the seats just fold down unlike the ballet with the GTS

AWD; air suspension to get you above most snow - at leat under 30 km per hour!-

the Cayenne is great - notwithstanding the Cayenne moderator's insanity - but for 95% i think the P4S will do it all -

so anyone one esle trading?

Basalt black on full leather

680 - BOSEİ Surround Sound-System
P81 - Adaptive Sport Seats w/Mem Pkg
176 - Sport Exhaust System
417 - 20" RS Spyder Design wheel
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
712 - Porsche Dynamic Chassis Contro
597 - Door Entry Guards Stnlss Steel
213 - Ski Bag
818 - Brushed Aluminum Interior Pkg
619 - Bluetoothİ Phone Interface
636 - ParkAssist (Front and Rear)
686 - XM Satellite Radio
870 - Universal Audio Interface
810 - Floor Mats
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
446 - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
658 - Variable Assist Power Steering
351 - Adaptive Air Suspension w/PDCC

swapping alu trim for the black birch - alu door sills for an alu PDK shifter - Suncoast already had illuminated Carbon fiber door sills - silver hood crest etc!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

That is a nicely equipped car, I would add a turbo and burmester to complete the list.

I notice you had a Turbo Cayenne with PDCC and then went to a GTS (manual)..and now back to PDCC. What's up with that? I guess you didn't like the Cayenne? So your switch might not be indicative of any trend.

The big new item (for you) is PDK but you are giving up some utility to get it.

OK, so, by my questions, you can tell I am on the cusp of something! My wife prefers her Cayenne Turbo (and the high driving position!). The other impediment is the new (PDK?) Cayenne coming, which will be less "off road" capable if it has PDK (reduced torque), but more street friendly..and a little bigger?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

it is a launch car so it is what it is - the PDCC on the turbo was fun but as some journalists have also pointed out, the total lack of body roll is neat but almost sanitizes the drive. nonetheless, this has it but i would not order it if i was building a car.

i would never have built a Panamera like this- Germany made these sitting ducks for heavy discounts so that is why i put in an offer 12% off list; they came back with 10% off list but not sure if i will blink even though it is only $2k delta

the ride height of the Cayenne is hard to give up - but the air suspension option at least helps the P4S over the deeper snow banks etc - the Cayenne is a great SUV but the GTS version with the heavily bolstered seats are a real pain when you need that rear end cargo space

i think the new PDK'd Cayenne will hurt the Tip version value particularly if they 7th gear it to up the mileage numbers: an early exit may well make sense
Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I looked at the Panamera but decided against as I need passenger room. With the rear seat middle console I lose one passenger. I am awaiting the new version of the Cayenne that will incorporate some of the styling of the Panamera to trade out.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-panamera.html

few more answers...

Sam

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone trading cayenne's for Panamera's?