both Manual Transmission,
very nice High Resolution Video !
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM
prosper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://jalopnik.com/5391222/jaguar-p...yline=true&s=x

• Jaguar ****** Out Of Jalopnik Vs. GM Race

Jaguar PR just called saying they've withdrawn their pledge to let Wes race the XFR Thursday against GM's Bob Lutz in a Cadillac CTS-V. Apparently, not because they're afraid to lose, they're afraid the XFR just can't take it. Pussies.
It's true. Stuart Schorr, Jaguar's main product PR man, told us flat out he expected the XFR would lose to the CTS-V, so it's not that he's afraid to lose to "Maximum" Bob Lutz.
Instead, they're afraid the XFR can't handle the strain. Specifically, the brakes. Without better brake cooling, Schorr tells us his folks are concerned the XFR just can't put the necessary laps in.
So what does this mean for us? Well, it means we're still racing Lutz — except now, since Mercedes and now Jaguar weren't willing to stand by their product for five laps in a time attack race versus the CTS-V, we're beginning to believe the CTS-V is the only production luxury sedan on the market wiling to stand by its lofty claims of performance cred. So we'll race against Lutz using his own CTS-V — and probably the Mitsubishi Evo we'll drive up there in.
Unless, of course, some other automaker's less feline than those we've already tried. Any automaker want to put their fast four-door where their mouth is — e-mail me.

Send an email to Ray Wert, the author of this post, at ray@jalopnik.com.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

from the inside - the panamera wins eyes closed - no comparioson on the full leather and feel vs plastic
Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 86 Posts

Did this ever happen? Did anyone ever hear of the outcome?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:43 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

The outcome is out there on the web. I don't think the Panamera ever showed up. Smart.

As I understand it the Panamera Turbo (not the S or 4S) beat the Cadillac CTS V's time at Nurburgring by 3 to 4 seconds. This was in a well prepared car driven by Walter Rohrl. The Cadillac posted its time months earler at the end of a test session- and the Cadillac was an automatic.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cadillac could beat the Panamera Turbo on a track all things equal. Certainly it would come very close. Considering that it costs less than half as much as the Turbo that has to be pretty embarrasing for Porsche. There is no doubt it would smoke an S or 4S- both of which cost roughly 50% more.

I hate GM but have always been a Lutz fan- he puts his money where his mouth is.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
lig
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
If a Panamera Turbo at $140,000 beats a CTS-V at $60,000, GM still looks like a winner if the results are close.
+1

The CTS-V is on my short list for sedans.

The Panamera (in all forms) is not. For that kind of money I'd be upgrading my C2S to a GT3 RS instead of sporting an aesthetically challenged 4 door.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Ape
Advanced

Originally Posted by lig
aesthetically challenged 4 door.
Thats funny
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM
lig
Racer

Originally Posted by Ape
Thats funny

Perhaps I was a bit harsh. I do completely dig the interior of the Panamera!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Ape
Advanced

Originally Posted by lig
Perhaps I was a bit harsh. I do completely dig the interior of the Panamera!
: )

It actually does have a few funny angles.....I LOVE my Panamera but I'm not blind! BUT, the more I look at it the more I like it.

As far as how it drives....... Simply the best sedan ever made IMVHO.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
DesignerGenes
Rennlist Member

I did a long web write-up on various cars including the Rapide, 65 AMG Mercedes, CTS-V, Panamera Turbo, Bentley Flying Spur, that new supercharged Jaguar (I forget its designation), and others. Based on power-weight ratios, weight, quoted 0 to 60s, quoted 1/4 miles, etc., three were virtually tied: the big Mercedes, Panamera Turbo, and the CTS-V. Everything else fell to the wayside. Given the company, that's damn good for the Cadillac!

The Mercedes 65 AMG is the most expensive (excepting most of the by-the-wayside cars), and Cadillac the cheapest. Road and Track had problems with overheating in the AMG. Nobody's said anything bad about the Cadillac yet (Although I think it's easily the ugliest of the three).

An interesting fact: all three of these cars are faster, 0 to 60 mph, than the original Lamborghini Diablo.

Last edited by DesignerGenes; 02-26-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-27-2010, 01:10 PM
mkaresh
Racer

If they felt the need to, GM could use the ZR1 engine in the CTS-V, for another 80 horsepower. The current car is actually sandbagging. Hopefully they'll do this in a special model before moving on to something more fuel efficient.

Quick Reply: Panamera should win against CTS-V