Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Will you trade your Cayenne for a Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
perlfather
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plus some features which I find particularly valuable that Porsche does not offer, such as the Distronic radar automatic cruise control, which will apply the brakes quicker than human reflexes if the driver in front panics. Distronic will also deal with the tedium of slow-n-go traffic automatically slowing and accelerating to keep a safe distance behind the car in front or braking if a driver cuts in front -- so my old snow-skiing, water-skiing and bike-riding knees can take a break during the 200 mile drive from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe to let me keep destroying my knees every weekend ...

The Porsche does offer the same "Distronic" cruise control.

Porsche calls it: "Adaptive Cruise Control" same as found on our 2006 Audi A6 Avant. What a great option!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

There is no doubt in my mind that the Cayenne Turbo S is the best overall Porsche for the road and whatever life thoughs at us every day...But I have not driven the Panamera Turbo yet and will reserve judgement on that vehicle untill then...however the hype about the Panamera is much more positive than what was said when Porsche introduced the Cayenne model????
Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! some of our friends brought out important technical details which can surely influence any car buying decision. For me simply is to experience a sedan version of the type of car that I have come to admire. Before Cayenne, there was nothing in this world that would make me drive an SUV, never liked the generic truck like ride. Cayenne changed all that similar to iPhone redefining the smartphone concept (OK let it begin...).

I agree that there are lots of practical daily benefits to owning an SUV as listed by others but don't you all think that a Porsche sedan car will have some advantages of ride quality over Porsche SUV? Now... like many, I'll reserve judgment until I have a chance to test drive one. Funny thing is that initially, I am more concerned about kids and Panamera's interior that anything else and that reported small trunk size can be a problem.

I think we'll wait and see what happens in next few months. For now, I choose utility or driving fun --- as needed everyday.

Last edited by Sam CS 05; 10-09-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
I agree that there are lots of practical daily benefits to owning an SUV as listed by others but don't you all think that a Porsche sedan car will have some advantages of ride quality over Porsche SUV? Now... like many, I'll reserve judgment until I have a chance to test drive one. Funny thing is that initially, I am more concerned about kids and Panamera's interior that anything else and that reported small trunk size can be a problem.

I think we'll wait and see what happens in next few months. For now, I choose utility or driving fun --- as needed everyday.
i think the trunk in the panamera is a pretty good size relative to the cayenne - when it comes down to folding the seats it blows away the cayenne - no more storing head rests or putting the front seat forward etc
Old 12-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i think the trunk in the panamera is a pretty good size relative to the cayenne - when it comes down to folding the seats it blows away the cayenne - no more storing head rests or putting the front seat forward etc
Oh man...tell me about it. I am ok with all except taking out that damn safety net (when folding seats). Always need to push seats to straighten with one hand and then remove the heavy net assembly with other...hate it.

Quick Reply: Will you trade your Cayenne for a Panamera?