Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Not any more

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
01C4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not any more

I have a 2003 996TT in the stable and was seriously considering a BMW 4 door or the Panamera but now that the word is out that the model will be discontinued, I have struck it off the list. I am sure I am not the only sale that Porsche has lost. A shame really, the car was killed before it even got out of the gate. With all the changes going on I think I'll keep my " old TT " for a long time to come.

D.W.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
blitz928
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will not be discontinued, They are talking about a full production run of many years until sales will slow. 5 to 7 years is what they expect. They didn't spend millions developing this car to not sell it.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Why do you think Porsche is killing the Panamera. Because you read it on the internet? It must be true?

It couldn't be further from the truth. It was some damn fools opinion he wrote down and now everyone's swearing by it.

Unbelievable.

Phil
Old 09-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Why do you think Porsche is killing the Panamera. Because you read it on the internet? It must be true?

It couldn't be further from the truth. It was some damn fools opinion he wrote down and now everyone's swearing by it.

Unbelievable.

Phil
Just like death panels and Obama not being born in the state of Hawaii.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingArt

Unbelievable.

Phil
This is the sort of rumor that looks to me like the work of someone desperate to stunt the launch of the Panamera -- just for fun.

Now, who would that be?

Competitor?
Sour grapes (current or former) Porsche employee.
Random, jealous jerk?
Other marque's fan boy?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
sullic
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Just like death panels and Obama not being born in the state of Hawaii.
No political reference please. This is about pcars, not politics.

If you start with politics, be prepared, as we all don't see things the same way.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by sullic
No political reference please. This is about pcars, not politics.

If you start with politics, be prepared, as we all don't see things the same way.
Fair enough, wasn't wanting to go political at all with this situation. Just bringing up the similarities of misinformation with Health Reform and now the Axing of the Panamera and Cayenne!

Coming from a business perspective axing the Panamera is crazy. VW does not produce a car that will be cross shopped with it. The only other car from all the companies under the new VW would be the AUDI A8. And on the higher end of the spectrum Audi's A8 W12 engine is from VW. I have never driven one though I've read up a lot on the engine. Can only imagine it is smoother than Porsche's V8 Turbo.

A good argument would be that the Panamera, for VW, will take sales away from Mercedes and BMW, and to a lesser degree Lexus. That would be even better for VW to generate sales. Almost certain that the Panamera produces a greater margin on each car than the Audi offering.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk about a post out of left field.

Panamera has been canceled? Just the opposite apparently as VAG has plans to use the Panamera platform for other brands in the VAG stable. Here's a link - http://www.worldcarfans.com/10909042...ther-vw-brands

and here's a pic of the Lamborghini Panamera version.

If anything is canceled, IMHO ONLY, it would be the 911 turbo. I was a target customer for the 911 turbo but now, with the Panamera turbo, why would I pay upwards of $150k for a 911 when for the same dough I can get a Panamera turbo? I believe the marketing term is product line "cannibalism".

Canceled. WTF? More like ubiquitous.

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 05-22-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 PM
blitz928
Race Car

And the bugatti version...

Last edited by blitz928; 06-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
01C4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it looks like a struck a nerve and I apologize if my post offended anyone. In all seriousness, we have a 996TT and a M6 but the wife wants a true four door everyday family / for work ( to visit clients ) vehicle. We tend to keep our vehicles a long time so when we heard that the Panamera and Cayanne platform were limited to a 6 - 7 year cycle that had us worried. Parts are a concern - then again maybe not........ lookiing for some help here!

Regards
Dean
sorry...may not be able to post back for a couple of weeks..off to Paris tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

well the article says 2016.. you you can still lease up to 4 years..lol
Old 09-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Talk about a post out of left field.

Panamera has been canceled? Just the opposite apparently as VAG has plans to use the Panamera platform for other brands in the VAG stable. Here's a link - http://www.worldcarfans.com/10909042...ther-vw-brands

and here's a pic of the Lamborghini Panamera version.

If anything is canceled, IMHO ONLY, it would be the 911 turbo. I was a target customer for the 911 turbo but now, with the Panamera turbo, why would I pay upwards of $150k for a 911 when for the same dough I can get a Panamera turbo? I believe the marketing term is product line "cannibalism".

Canceled. WTF? More like ubiquitous.
Why would you buy a 911 now the Panamera is here? Going to answer that in as short a sentence as possible. Because a Panarmera is not a 911!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Why would you buy a 911 now the Panamera is here? Going to answer that in as short a sentence as possible. Because a Panarmera is not a 911!
Exactly.

Quick Reply: Not any more